baumer

BSG: Congratulations to FILM!

I get the feeling this one isn't far of being answered either now.....

Answers:

1 - Outside of a magical re-release... it's locked to finish below 260m... so - NO

2 - most have this winding up just north 500m.... there is very little talk of reaching 600m at this point so NO also..

3 - NO :P

4 - if 2 and 1 are gone then this is a NO also.

if you went for 4 x NO's you'll be sitting pretty at the moment on this one :)

(take a guess what i did ;) )

Nice jajang.

I too had 4 nos but chickened out on the midnight gross and abstained.  

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxoffice  
Japan still hasn't cooled on FROZEN--it was #1 for the 10th consecutive weekend, increasing +8%, $179.6M total.

Frozen weekend number is up and it came in at 7.8M, still bigger than OW. 

• Like 1

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxoffice  

Japan still hasn't cooled on FROZEN--it was #1 for the 10th consecutive weekend, increasing +8%, $179.6M total.

Frozen weekend number is up and it came in at 7.8M, still bigger than OW. 

I wonder if anyone predicted it to increase this week?  

As long as no one has any objections, I'm going to use the 7.8 as the number.

The estimates aren't always that accurate. they've been off by a few hundred thousand before. I don't know if it affects the scoring, though, but it probably could anywhere from 7.5-8.1 or so when the actual comes in. If everyone's below that, it obviously wouldn't matter and would just go to the three highest predictions.

The estimates aren't always that accurate. they've been off by a few hundred thousand before. I don't know if it affects the scoring, though, but it probably could anywhere from 7.5-8.1 or so when the actual comes in. If everyone's below that, it obviously wouldn't matter and would just go to the three highest predictions.

It won't matter.  There are only a handful of people who have it north of 7 mill.  One person has it at 8.6 or so.  I don't think the actual will change things.

ANSWER KEY1) Will Million Dollar Arm open to more than 23.5 million? NO2) Will Million Dollar Arm have an opening day of more than 8.5 million? NO3) Will Neighbors and Million Dollar Arm combine to come within 20 million of Godzilla? NO4) Will Godzilla open to more than 66.4 million? YES5) Will Godzilla make at least 150 million WW by the time estimates come out? YES6) Will Godzilla gross more than 7.5 mill in Russia? YES7) Will Amazing Spider-man fall less than 50%? NO but could change with actuals8) Which film will have the softer drop? MNO or LOO:DR? LOO: DR9) Will ASM's Saturday be within 16 million of Godzilla's? NO10) Will Godzilla make more than 3.5 million on Thursday? YES11) Will Neighbors have a Saturday increase of more than 25%? NO12) Name any two movies that will drop more than 35% on Sunday. Must get both films to get points (if you don't think two will drop more, then just put the one that will or put none). Million Dollar Arm, The Other Woman and Divergent with estimates13) Will TOW finish within 18 million of ASM2? YES14) Will MDA place in second? NO15) Will any film have a 200% increase on Friday? NO [Don't think Belle Counts]

Edited by 10 Things I Hate About You
  • Like 1

BONUS [all estimates]Bonus 1: What will Godzilla gross? 4000 93,205,000Bonus 2: What will TOW gross? 4000 6,300,000 [with estimates]Bonus 3: What will the combined gross be of Godzilla, GBH and Rio be? 5000 98,105,000Bonus 4: What % will ASM2 drop internationally? Note: we will use the 69.5 mill from the report this weekend. Only Sunday report will count. Monday actuals do not come into play. -54.6%Bonus 5: What will Frozen gross in Japan for the weekend? 6000 (for this question only, the three closest players will get the points) 7.8M

Edited by 10 Things I Hate About You
  • Like 1

Well shit, that's a bridge too far for me in this case. :unsure: (I had 180m).

Yeah I'm about 10.3m under so I'm hoping for some overestimates for Saturday and/or Sunday to bring it down a few hundred k.

10-19.999m away is a 75,000 bonus, so still pretty good.

• Like 1