Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

Didn't look it up. Still don't expect it to get there anyway, especially since less people will end up seeing TASM in the end compared to any of the previous three films.

So I guess it's stuck on that average rating then, huh.

So I guess it's stuck on that average rating then, huh.

Sure? I don't know. I'm not some TASM loonie, but I'm not gonna say oh the film has mediocre WOM when there's nothing to suggest that at this point other than your application of a school scale to something completely different. I'm not impressed by TASM's box office run, but it's done alright. That's about how I feel on the whole matter. Didn't even enjoy the film that much, found it passable.

Sure? I don't know. I'm not some TASM loonie, but I'm not gonna say oh the film has mediocre WOM when there's nothing to suggest that at this point other than your application of a school scale to something completely different. I'm not impressed by TASM's box office run, but it's done alright. That's about how I feel on the whole matter. Didn't even enjoy the film that much, found it passable.

I don't know what else to call something that is consistently in the 7 range on review sites. 7 is average and mediocre.

Batman Begins is only a B- film according to Imdb I guess

Wow. The kid is finally learning.

I don't know what else to call something that is consistently in the 7 range on review sites. 7 is average and mediocre.

Well, I'd start with decent. Not amazing, not great, but decent. A 7 means nothing unless you put it in context. A 7 in school? Pretty average. But teachers like to give partial credit and the like. They don't make full use of the scale. Sometimes they curve. Film reviewers? Works differently. Edited by MrPink

And Ted and the Hangover had average reception too according to IMDB with their C-C+ average scores.

The score from Hangover dropped since there opening. Derp. And obviously not everyone in the world is Seth Macfarlane fanboy. Ted has a 7 on Metacritic User Scores. I guess it there is more then meets the ey. e Edited by JackO

Well, I'd start with decent. Not amazing, not great, but decent. A 7 means nothing unless you put it in context. A 7 in school? Pretty average. But teachers like to give partial credit and the like. They don't make full use of the scale. Sometimes they curve. Film reviewers? Works differently.

And how is decent different then average?

The score from Hangover dropped since there opening. Derp. And obviously not everyone in the world is Seth Macfarlane fanboy.

But that's not the point, if it's in the 7's, it's automatically average, yes even though both of these films have legged their way to becoming two of the highest grossing comedies of all time?

But that's not the point, if it's in the 7's, it's automatically average, yes even though both of these films have legged their way to becoming two of the highest grossing comedies of all time?

But that is the point. Not everyone liked the film that watched it. Ted has a 7 on Meta Critic User Scores. Not everyone is a Seth Macfarlane fan?

Decent would suggest something more passable, average would be strictly in the middle.

Sounds more like superfluous bullshit to me. And you sure are arguing hard for a film you allegedly dont even care about. :rolleyes: