Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

Can you prove that word of mouth for TASM is good? I already proved it to be, wait for it, average.

yes, because ASM has so far has received overall good ratings everywhere and solid holds at the box office other than the weekend Dark Knight Rises opened and the shooting occured

Yes it is a decent sized sucess. Is it a huge Dark Knight level success? No it is not and nobody is saying that. But overall it has made a decent amount of money and the series is in a good position to continue. It is not a huge hit but it is a decent sized one.

You know another word for decent? AVERAGE.

You know another word for decent? AVERAGE.

again, to you every movie needs a Dark Knight level reception. Well sorry, to me a movie doesn't have to get that kind of reception to give it time of day. If the ratings are overall positive, then the reaction is overall positive. Simple as that

yes, because ASM has so far has received overall good ratings everywhere and solid holds at the box office other than the weekend Dark Knight Rises opened and the shooting occured

But according to some like ijack, TDKR was not going to effect TASM at all, but it in effect killed it.

again, to you every movie needs a Dark Knight level reception. Well sorry, to me a movie doesn't have to get that kind of reception to give it time of day. If the ratings are overall positive, then the reaction is overall positive. Simple as that

Batman Begins = TDK now? i guess redfirebird quest to convince people Begins is better has been a success. "Overall positive" is not the same thing as "solid."

well iJack was wrong. But ASM has rebound nicely from that weekend.

When a film is making under double digits at box office and still in 3,000 theaters, it's not really rebounding from anything.

Finally this conversation came to an end733m in 17 days is pretty impressive!

Yep. It'll be even more impressive, when TDKR passes 1B and on it's way to top 5 WW of all-time. :) :) :) Edited by druv10
  • Like 2

Yep. It'll be even more impressive, when TDKR passes 1B and on it's way to top 5 WW of all-time. :) :) :)

TRUE and to celebrate that event, I'll go with some friends to watch it one more time, this film just gets better and better with every catchFirst Reaction: A+Second Reaction: A++Third Reaction: A+++Fourth Reaction: A++++Fifth Reaction: ????? Edited by Bryan

TRUE and to celebrate that event, I'll go with some friends to watch it one more time, this film just gets better and better with every catch

First Reaction: A+

Second Reaction: A++

Third Reaction: A+++

Fourth Reaction: A++++

Fifth Reaction: ?????

TDKR definitely gets better with repeat viewing. Orginially, I was upset with Bane and the twist with Talia. With repeat viewings, I actuallly love that aspect. :) :) :)
  • Like 2