Dementeleus

THE MARTIAN | Oct 2, 2015 | Will compete as a comedy at the Golden Globes

Why not? The writing is on the wall that The Martian is going to be really good.

I just never try to get overhyped about a film, otherwise I could end up feeling disappointing. Just saying!

I think The Martian looks really good, but If I'm going to see the film, I'm going to see it with reasonable expectations.

• Like 2

Why not? The writing is on the wall that The Martian is going to be really good.

You're already declaring that it will be better than another movie, that you liked! I don't get it... Why would you go into a movie with your mind already set on how the experience is going to be, that sounds boring to me.

• Like 1

You're already declaring that it will be better than another movie, that you liked! I don't get it... Why would you go into a movie with your mind already set on how the experience is going to be, that sounds boring to me.

There's different levels of like, the trailers and promo stuff and cast really have me feeling great about the film.

• Like 1

Well I liked Interstellar but didn't love it so this doesn't have to reach go high above my expectations in order to be better than Interstellar.

For you that's probably true, for me it's a wee bit more harder then that, since I actually thought Interstellar was great. Ha!

• Like 1

Damon didn't want to make the movie after Nolan's MAGNUM OPUS.

Scott s pitch : " Come on Matt, we re gonna have so much fun with this !"

I am not even making this up, that s what convinced Damon, the fun word.

It wasn't the $25M?

I do agree though that as far as the story goes it has more in common with Gravity than Interstellar but Chastain and Damon in a space movie... Of course people are going to think of Interstellar its only natural

Nobody even remembers that offense against good taste anymore!!

I bet even the Nolans themselves don't think of it anymore, except in the context: Ha-ha, we duped them good, bro, can you believe some people can be so stupid as to fall for that Interstellar shit.

Edited by Fantastic Shay

No, i thought he meant it's going to be a lot of science terminology and stuff like that. My mistake.

Eh... O don't necessarily have an issue with lots of science talk. For example Interstellar has quite a bit of it, but they explain so its straightforward I understand what's going on and they don't dwell on it, it also might help that I was already invested in the film and the characters before they ever started talking about science.

Matt Damon was signed up to the project before Ridley so either cite your sources or don't talk bullshit.

• Like 1

Terrible.

But the crowds will eat that.

Mixing humor and drama can work. I hate to use Interstellar as an example again. But man Interstellar is both incredibly investing in the characters, story, ect. But the film is also fucking hilarious I think it was the second funniest film of last year behind only Guardians of the Galaxy

Mixing humor and drama can work. I hate to use Interstellar as an example again. But man Interstellar is both incredibly investing in the characters, story, ect. But the film is also fucking hilarious I think it was the second funniest film of last year behind only Guardians of the Galaxy

How was Interstellar funny? We had to get off the earth because crops were dying and we needed to find a new home for humanity. Not really a laughing matter.

Edited by Bishop54
  • Like 1