Rorschach

Rorschach Reviews

Since I've mostly caught up on everything that is going on, I think it's about time that I start getting more comfortable with my settings. Send me your recommendation(s) and I will review your movie with either a 1-10 scale, maybe even zero, or an A+ to F scale. Probably both though.

Two Way Road. It's on the last pageAnd The Deadline.Both are second to last page, actually.

Two Way RoadI honestly did quite like the idea of the story. However, the story itself does not feel like it has a good structure. A dream sequence, which I in general HATE because they always think they are trying to trick me and when they succeed I feel a bit annoyed, that doesn't really add anything new or original, characters and plotlines that have been recycled before countless times before. Although, I really liked the relationship between the girl and the dad. I thought was perfectly executed. Sadly though, it feels old and wored out as are the recycled plotlines.5/10, C+ Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1

Two Way Road. It's on the last page And The Deadline.Both are second to last page, actually.

The DeadlineA charming flick following two of my favorite up-and-coming stars and their friendship with one another. I really loved this one. It had a good sense of direction and a plot that was east to understand and follow. Richard Lanklater kills it again Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Ezra Miller are fantastic as the two leads. Not to sappy, not too over-joyful. 9/10, A-
  • Like 1

The innocentFlappy birdThe NormansThe gardenSimpsons 2: the rideWallace and gromit: ChristmasHairspray

Flappy BirdNot too much to say about this Documentary. Like the game itself, this movie is pretty simplistic. It's not particularly well made and all though I still learned some new facts in the doc, nothing incredibly interesting was present.Also, with J-Law as the narrator, it felt incredibly distracting and not a good choice for the part. Still, its intentions were well though out. It just was lacking as it was really simple and never went into much detail.6/10, B-
  • Like 1

The innocentFlappy birdThe NormansThe gardenSimpsons 2: the rideWallace and gromit: ChristmasHairspray

Simpsons 2: The RideWhile I must say I chuckled a little bit, nothing was interesting or that funny. This would've worked incredibly better had it just been an episode of the series but if it was, my view on it would still be mostly the same. Unfunny, un-engaging, Un-Simpsons. 3.5/10, D+Wallace and Gromit: ChristmasOne word to describe this animated flick. Boring! How could you mess it up? It's WALLACE & GROMIT for God's sake! Barely anything in the film works. The over-used cliches, the boring second act, and an overall messy and unclear film that doesn't even represent the charm or originality the original shorts had. Heck, we barely get to see Wallace actually use his inventions! Part of the intriguing aspects of the shorts came from the fact that they included some wacky and creative/inventive machanics. HERE, we barely get to see either one of them utilize their creative imagination and when they do have cool inventions show up, they are so brief and so fast that you could probably make a game out of how long each one appears on-screen. One of the most disappointing movies of the year and definitely one, sadly, that I might see on my possible worst films of the year list. Don't be surprised.2/10, D-The GardenUgh. Why do I even bother. /:(4/10, C- Edited by Rorschach

The InnocentWell-written musical at best, a perfectly castes cast, a huge lackluster delivery.B-, 6/10The Normans An interesting and intriguing documentary, expertly written and presented, a fantastic narration by George Clooney and some really new historical facts and timelines I never knew about. It kept me interested and willing to learn more about history, a rare feat for a film.A, 9/10HairsprayA copy-and-paste plot that doesn't anything new nor original to the already classic movie. Seriously, this movie came out less than ten-years ago. I don't think it really warrants another remake, seeing how the 2007'version was already a remake.C, 5.5/10 Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1

The InnocentWell-written musical at best, a perfectly castes cast, a huge lackluster delivery.B-, 6/10The Normans An interesting and intriguing documentary, expertly written and presented, a fantastic narration by George Clooney and some really new historical facts and timelines I never knew about. It kept me interested and willing to learn more about history, a rare feat for a film.A, 9/10HairsprayA copy-and-paste plot that doesn't anything new nor original to the already classic movie. Seriously, this movie came out less than ten-years ago. I don't think it really warrants another remake, seeing how the 2007'version was already a remake.C, 5.5/10

Just quickly, hairspray wasn't a copy and paste (well it was from the one I released in March but that was handwritten)

Concert's End. thnx.

Concert's EndAn ambitious project that captivates the eyes of the viewer. However, like real-life movies such as Cloud Atlas, it gets itself tangled up to the point of confusion. The directing, writing, acting, score, and production design all stand out though.7.5/10, B

CreatorsDraculaOrigins

CreatorsA fairly decent animated flick. The voice actors, at times, are fairly noticeable but they do a fine job. However, it's simplicity within a vast and complex idea almost kills the film. The animation though is probably the best thing about it.7/10, BDraculaIt delivers on what it wants and is shot fairly nicely. The actors do a good job in their roles and the production values and costumes are fairly believable in the environment. I just wished it would've delivered something a little bit original. I still really liked it7.5/10, B+OriginsAvatar without the creativity and magic 4/10, C Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1

Might as well give you mine Donuts Are ZombiesMy Little PonyAvatar The Last Airbender

Donuts are zombiesAre you sure you weren't on LSD when you wrote this film?8.5/10, A-My Little Pony After talking with my cousin and watching a PMRants video about MLP, I feel as if I've warmed up to the films and show a bit more. This is darker than previous installments but I still think it delivers on its brand name. The twist never bothered me anyway.8/10, B+Avatar: The searchWhen my brother started to get into the series himself, I decided to watch a couple of episodes with him. I thought they were really solid and the finale was fantastic. Although, I feel as if this film is alienating audiences who haven't seen the finale. On the other hand, it is well-shot and I hope to see another Avatar (this one, not the one with those blue thundercats) film soon.7.5/10, B+

Anymore requests? After today I am just reviewing movies based on release date.

You should start that so you can do a Top before the Oscars. We keep track of these tops in order to create a consensus for movies.
  • Like 1

You should start that so you can do a Top before the Oscars. We keep track of these tops in order to create a consensus for movies.

I'm doing the rest tomorrow, maybe today, since I have some stuff to get done today,
  • Like 1