CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

They got MARTIN FUCKING SHEEN to play uncle ben too. Captain Willard, Illusive Man, President Fucking Bartlet. And they don't give a shit? fuck'em. Pissing me off thinking about it.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 9

They got MARTIN FUCKING SHEEN to play uncle ben too. Captain Willard, The Illusive Man, President Fucking Bartlet. And they don't give a shit? fuck'em. Pissing me off thinking about it.

LOL at this rant.

If ASM2 opens with a crappy 80-85 OW as is expected, the total domestic numbers for both How to Train Your Dragon 2 and Maleficient should probably be raised.  Since Pixar does not have a movie this summer, and I also think Transformers 4 looks weak (audiences will be tired of it), those 2 family friendly movies are now looking very, very strong. 

They got MARTIN FUCKING SHEEN to play uncle ben too. Captain Willard, Illusive Man, President Fucking Bartlet. And they don't give a shit? fuck'em. Pissing me off thinking about it.

Posted Image

• Like 3

These new movies don't give a shit about uncle ben. He died over chocolate milk, and denis leary's death is the one Peter's all guilt up about, not uncle ben's.

Hell, he never did find the guy who shot him. I forgot how that was totally dropped. Maybe they're saving it and in the third one the shooter will get a job at oscorp and fall into a vat of sand...

Posted Image
  • Like 6

I don't think TASM had bad WOM, it was just not great enough, to generate excitement and make the first trilogy forgotten.

Posted Image

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 5

I'm still not sold on Godzilla being a hit at the U.S. box office.  Overseas?  Maybe.  I look at Pacific Rim or other monster movies who haven't done spectacularly, and wonder just how much U.S. summer audiences (teenage boys) care about stories from 1950.  I'm not sold on its box office strength yet, and think it could only end up making 150 domestic.

Hmm, 8.7M. I was expecting more than that. But it's still a respectable number I guess. Shouldn't we already get some vague and drunkenly Friday projections by now?

ain't nobody gonna laugh I'm still mad.

Speaking of sheens, Michael Sheen as Doctor Emcee Baron Helmut Schnitzelnazi Strangelove or whatever that character experimenting on Electro was called woulda been awesome. Giving us some Tron Legacy realness or something.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

ain't nobody gonna laugh I'm still mad.

Speaking of sheens, Michael Sheen as Doctor Emcee Baron Helmut Schnitzelnazi Strangelove or whatever that character experimenting on Electro was called woulda been awesome. Giving us some Tron Legacy realness or something.

LOL what is this? :lol:

• Like 1

Hmm, 8.7M. I was expecting more than that. But it's still a respectable number I guess.

Shouldn't we already get some vague and drunkenly Friday projections by now?

Posted ImageNikki Finke @NikkiFinke · 1m

Midday Friday Box Office: Pre-sales & matinee trends show 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' opening to $35M (incl $8.7M lates) for $90M-$95M wkd.

I asked. And she answered.

This is amazing!

• Like 2

ain't nobody gonna laugh I'm still mad. Speaking of sheens, Michael Sheen as Doctor Emcee Baron Helmut Schnitzelnazi Strangelove or whatever that character experimenting on Electro was called woulda been awesome. Giving us some Tron Legacy realness or something.

Coolio, are you high right now? :P

My honest view on TASM has always been this. Had it been the first film in 2002 I would have been happier with it. But the first Raimi film was so good that TASM wasn't a fresh enough take to prove it had a reason to exist. It's like they took the first film and went, "well, we can take Coke and improve it with New Coke"...New Coke wasn't bad, it may have even been slightly better, but it wasn't so much better that most wanted the original replaced with it.

Posted Image

From WIkipedia's article on New Coke:

The results of the taste tests were strong – the sweeter mixture overwhelmingly beat both regular Coke and Pepsi. Then tasters were asked if they would buy and drink it if itwere Coca-Cola. Most said yes, they would, although it would take some getting used to. A small minority, about 10–12%, felt angry and alienated at the very thought, saying that they might stop drinking Coke altogether. Their presence in focus groups tended to skew results in a more negative direction as they exerted indirect peer pressure on other participants.[6]

TASM is the film version of New Coke. 

• Like 3