lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

sign me the FUCK up ?????????? good shit go౦ԁ sHit? thats ✔ some good??shit right??th ? ere??? right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self ?  i say so ?  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ? ?? ?НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??Good shit

• Like 1

There are tweets out there that could indicate the Power Rangers movie suits may have less bright color to them than many are expecting.

From Rangercrew on Twitter:

The #PowerRangersMovie suits & Zords will be "edgy, dark". Think Robocop. Bandai will also release its largest Megazord ever for the Movie.

And I am willing to believe this additional detail from O.92 on Twitter:

I was specifically told "If you like bright yellows & blues, the #PowerRangersMovie suits will not be for you."

That would be odd to see Lionsgate do something like that, considering that other superheroes in other movies are seen wearing blue.  And the Power Rangers have been been throughout their entire history for their multicolored suits.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

There are tweets out there that could indicate the Power Rangers movie suits may have less bright color to them than many are expecting.

From Rangercrew on Twitter:

And I am willing to believe this additional detail from O.92 on Twitter:

That would be odd to see Lionsgate do something like that, considering that other superheroes in other movies are seen wearing blue.  And the Power Rangers have been been throughout their entire history for their multicolored suits.

Already setting themselves up for failure. Haven't they seen the F4 fiasco last year? Stay true to the source material especially costumes. Xmen movies get away with it but now even the xfans feel that enough is enough. If others are getting faithful looking heroes then why not their beloved property..hell deadpool...should be an eye opener. 

• Like 1

If you are willing to believe some of the rumors out there on the Ranger forums, then Saban Brands really wanted Becky G. to be in this movie.  It is on Rangercrew here.

Also, in a textbook example of putting the cart before the horse, there has been discussion of sequels to this movie on Rangerboard.  While I will not discount the power of nostalgia to bring some interest from outside the core Ranger fandom, it sounds to me a lot of the Ranger fans are not learning from the example of Fantastic Four last year, and just going ahead and assuming Lionsgate is going to make sequel after sequel after sequel to the movie.  I understand their optimism for the movie next year, but the first movie has to do well enough at the box office in order for there to be a second one.

In late 2014, The New York Times had an article about Lionsgate's marketing, and how it contrasted with the "big" studios at that time.   Well, a year and three months later, after seeing the mega success of Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Gods of Egypt not doing well at all this weekend, we see that the "traditional" marketing style of the other "big" studios is very much alive and well.

I'm not worried as much about the marketing for Power Rangers, because it will be supported by Saban Brands, and ever since they got Power Rangers back in 2010, they have really emphasized Mighty Morphin, even though to much of the core audience watching their new seasons on Nickelodeon, the 1993 TV show is ancient history to them.

I'm more worried about this movie becoming "Mighty Morphin in name only," and becoming more like 2015 Fantastic Four.  Actually, based on what we've heard so far, it doesn't even have the "Mighty Morphin" title in it at all, which is odd, considering that Disney and Marvel are more than willing to claim the name "Mighty" for Thor, the mighty Avenger, and of course, "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" so why drop the "Mighty Morphin" name from the movie's title?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Outrageous! said:

If you are willing to believe some of the rumors out there on the Ranger forums, then Saban Brands really wanted Becky G. to be in this movie.  It is on Rangercrew here.

Also, in a textbook example of putting the cart before the horse, there has been discussion of sequels to this movie on Rangerboard.  While I will not discount the power of nostalgia to bring some interest from outside the core Ranger fandom, it sounds to me a lot of the Ranger fans are not learning from the example of Fantastic Four last year, and just going ahead and assuming Lionsgate is going to make sequel after sequel after sequel to the movie.  I understand their optimism for the movie next year, but the first movie has to do well enough at the box office in order for there to be a second one.

Yeah, I can understand why they wanted Ludi Lin and Becky G. They are hoping this becomes an OS smash, and Lin will definitely help it in China. Dunno about Becky G.'s popularity in Latin countries but she has a sizeable fanbase in the States. And Liz Banks was cast to rope in THG fans as this could easily appeal to that fanbase.

As for excitable fans making fantasy franchise plans, isn't that what forums are made for besides flame wars? :P I think it has potential. The new comic featuring the same characters has become a surprise hit, showing there is interest. And this franchise is pretty well-known globally (something Saban seems to be well aware of, going by the casting), so it has that same nostalgia punch offered by Transformers and TMNT. The movie would have to ridiculously suck to be a WW flop.

7 hours ago, Outrageous! said:

I'm more worried about this movie becoming "Mighty Morphin in name only," and becoming more like 2015 Fantastic Four.  Actually, based on what we've heard so far, it doesn't even have the "Mighty Morphin" title in it at all, which is odd, considering that Disney and Marvel are more than willing to claim the name "Mighty" for Thor, the mighty Avenger, and of course, "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" so why drop the "Mighty Morphin" name from the movie's title?

I think it's just to distinguish it from the original 90's Mighty Morphin movie, similar to Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man. Also, "Morphin" is a term that cannot be taken out of the 90's. :P