Punishment

Wednesday Numbers Zilla 4.96m

I don't think rwviews will mean much when it comes to legs if it opens BIG this weekend. X-Men: First Class has an 87% RT score and it couldn't do 3x multiplier. If it opens $110M 4 Day Wknd, it probably won't do much more than $220M DOM. If it opens $125M, 250M might not even happen. The higher the OW, the worse the legs.

Edited by Godzilla
  • Like 1

I don't think rwviews will mean much when it comes to legs if it opens BIG this weekend. X-Men: Cirst Class has an 87% RT score and it couldn't do 3x multiplier. If it opens $110M 4 Day Wknd, it probably won't do much more than $220M DOM. If it opens $125M, 250M might not even happen. The higher the OW, the worse the legs.

Well Xmen movies have never been known for their legs. But whatever. There's always a first time.

IM3 did just fine when FF6, Hangover 3 and Epic came out. I think both ASM 2 and Cap 2 will be fine this weekend.

Well IM3 was only in its 4th week. Cap 2 is well beyond that. That's why I asked about theater loss. 

Not sure if Spidey can sustain another 50%+ drop.

• Like 1

Well Xmen movies have never been known for their legs. But whatever. There's always a first time.

I'm just saying there is always a negative to everything. The higher it opens (Which is almost always a good thing) the worse the legs. I just can't see this doubling the OW of First Class and having legs more than a 2.2x, especially when First Class didn't have good legs to begin with.

Well IM3 was only in its 4th week. Cap 2 is well beyond that. That's why I asked about theater loss. Not sure if Spidey can sustain another 50%+ drop.

IM3 dropped 46% for the 3-day, I think with the way Spidey is doing, it could very well be dropping over 50% for 3-day. Memorial Day will of course help soften the 4-day drop a lot though.
  • Like 1

I'm just saying there is always a negative to everything. The higher it opens (Which is almost always a good thing) the worse the legs. I just can't see this doubling the OW of First Class and having legs more than a 2.2x, especially when First Class didn't have good legs to begin with.

Well First Class didn't have full support of the fanbase even with the good reviews. That's why it's performance was less than good domestic.

• Like 1

IM3 dropped 46% for the 3-day, I think with the way Spidey is doing, it could very well be dropping over 50% for 3-day. Memorial Day will of course help soften the 4-day drop a lot though.

Thanks Sam.

Well IM3 was only in its 4th week. Cap 2 is well beyond that. That's why I asked about theater loss. 

Not sure if Spidey can sustain another 50%+ drop.

Well, he's going to get one. 200m might be a bit closer than anyone imagined, other than baumer of course, but he's delusional anyway so... :P

• Like 2

Well First Class didn't have full support of the fanbase even with the good reviews. That's why it's performance was less than good domestic.

XFC was an anomaly, so was TW. I think a lot of people got tired of the spinoffs/reboots. This movie should be a dream come true for those people. Think of instead of waiting 16 years to make the prequels, they instead made a prequel Han Solo film in 1986, then a SW prequel like ROTS in 1988, then another Han Solo film set after ROTJ in 1990 and finally Episode 7 in 1991. That's where were at with the X-series, this is the X-Men's Episode 7, albeit with a fraction of the popularity level.

• Like 1

XFC was an anomaly, so was TW. I think a lot of people got tired of the spinoffs/reboots. This movie should be a dream come true for those people. Think of instead of waiting 16 years to make the prequels, they instead made a prequel Han Solo film in 1986, then a SW prequel like ROTS in 1988, then another Han Solo film set after ROTJ in 1990 and finally Episode 7 in 1991. That's where were at with the X-series, this is the X-Men's Episode 7, albeit with a fraction of the popularity level.

I lived through that FC hate, lol. A lot of fans refused to even give it a chance. Stupid Boycotts and just an overall mess. LOL Dark times indeed.

I just realized Spidey is going to sell half as many tickets as SM3. That is kinda shocking. It's barely going to beat the ticket sales of Batman & Robin. Never would have expected the Spidey franchise to drop in ticket sales that quickly.

The worst is even with that 121% increase opening over TASM1 in Brazil, it will still end up making less. Same with Hong Kong.

Thank God for China though. It had a great increase there.