Punishment

Wednesday Numbers Zilla 4.96m

Not all theaters are open in the afternoon on weekdays. I'm out of college, but Godzilla is only my playing at my local theater at 4 and 6 Mon thru Friday.

I'm sure that's the case with other theaters as well.

Not all theaters are open in the afternoon on weekdays. I'm out of college, but Godzilla is only my playing at my local theater at 4 and 6 Mon thru Friday.

I'm sure that's the case with other theaters as well.

Where do you live? Every theater near me opens in the morning. Godzilla starts as early as 9:30am and most others at 10-11am.

• Like 1

Colleges get out earlier and that affects dailies in late May which is why on average Fri jumps are lower. 140% is the high end for late May and Cap2's was 160%.If it drops just 5% on Thur it will be at $4.5m A 140% jump would be a $10.8m Friday (CA2 was $11.86)

A 5% drop on Thursday would be $4.7M. And a 140% increase would 11.38M............It would be a lot closer to Cap 2 than you think. If it follows POTC exactly, it would gross $41.2M 3 Days and 51-52M, 4 days.

Where do you live? Every theater near me opens in the morning. Godzilla starts as early as 9:30am and most others at 10-11am.

Vermont. I go to the Nugget Theater in Hanover.

Its a smaller theater than other theaters, so that might be a reason why, there's a lack of showtime.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Vermont. I go to the Nugget Theater in Hanover.

Its a smaller theater than some, so that might be a reason why.

I'm crazy. It's right there in your Avatar, lol. I live in a large metropolitan area. Heck we've got an AMC with 30 screens and an Edwards Imax with 22 screens in the same shopping center.

• Like 1

I don't see why would Godzilla jump more than 100% on Friday. Somewhere between Battleship's 81% and STID's 97% would be my bet.

1.) Star Trek Into Darkness faced even tougher competition during memorial wknd than Godzilla faces. X-Men DoFP might not even cross FF6 $117M Memorial Wknd. Hangover 3 and Epic were also released in Star Trek's memorial wknd. 2.) Godzilla is playing better with kids and even women. Star Trek Into Darkness opened with 73% over the age of 25, Godzilla opened with 60% over 25, 64% of Star Trek's audience were males for Godzilla it was 58%. 3.) Monster movies are more of a weekend type of flicks, it is great that Godzilla is doing good in weekdays as well.

I'm crazy. It's right there in your Avatar, lol. I live in a large metropolitan area. Heck we've got an AMC with 30 screens and an Edwards Imax with 22 screens in the same shopping center.

Lucky, I have to drive at least an hour if I want to get an AMC theater.

1.) Star Trek Into Darkness faced even tougher competition during memorial wknd than Godzilla faces. X-Men DoFP might not even cross FF6 $117M Memorial Wknd. Hangover 3 and Epic were also released in Star Trek's memorial wknd.2.) Godzilla is playing better with kids and even women. Star Trek Into Darkness opened with 73% over the age of 25, Godzilla opened with 60% over 25, 64% of Star Trek's audience were males for Godzilla it was 58%.3.) Monster movies are more of a weekend type of flicks, it is great that Godzilla is doing good in weekdays as well.

Yeah and a lot of people will still want to see Godzilla. I don't think much of DOFP will be a problem for Godzilla. Now it will be a problem for Spidey and Cap 2 with Spidey taking the brunt.

Yeah and a lot of people will still want to see Godzilla. I don't think much of DOFP will be a problem for Godzilla. Now it will be a problem for Spidey and Cap 2 with Spidey taking the brunt.

We also usually have an animated movie opening Memorial Wknd, not this year though. So I think children/families will also help Godzilla even more.

We also usually have an animated movie opening Memorial Wknd, not this year though. So I think children/families will also help Godzilla even more.

Well there's Blended. Don't sleep on Adam Sandler. He's good for 40m.