Dementeleus

Thurs #s 5/29: DOFP 4.9, Godz 1.8, Neigh 1.2 (Rth), Blend 1, AMWTD .9 (spatula) | Happy birthday eXtacy (but not ECSTACY)

fight club rules apply (you don't talk about preview/midnights), but the odd little snipit ok

LOL I don't know how many times you have to tell people this.

• Like 2

Cap doesn't care since he already made his money. Steve is laughing all the way to the bank! :P

It's a bittersweet symphony. CA:TWS is getting hurt with all the competition. However, very few people thought it would gross more domestically than TASM2 and DOFP, and right now it looks like it will.

• Like 1

Are you really surprised by this??? X-MEN isn't The AVENGERS with RDJ and Co. that's more deserving of repeat viewing than DOFP apparently... :mouthdropped: 

Are you really surprised by this??? X-MEN isn't The AVENGERS with RDJ and Co. that's more deserving of repeat viewing than DOFP apparently... :mouthdropped: 

Ever wonder why X MEN is predominantly European in casting?

McKellen, Stewart are all British. McAvoy is Scottish, Fassbender is German/Irish

Jackman is Australian but his parents are English.

• Like 1

It's a bittersweet symphony. CA:TWS is getting hurt with all the competition. However, very few people thought it would gross more domestically than TASM2 and DOFP, and right now it looks like it will.

Cap2 sucess is only driven because of how big the Avengers was. and this Cap2 movie  was sold as a direct sequel to the avengers (nick fury, black widow and the helicar all on the trailers and posters) so , without that two thing cap2 will be a mess like the first one

Edited by charles
  • Like 1

However, very few people thought it would gross more domestically than TASM2 and DOFP, and right now it looks like it will.

I don't think a single person would have predicted that CATWS would be the #1 movie of the year when the calendar turns to summer on June 21.

• Like 1

Ever wonder why X MEN is predominantly European in casting?

McKellen, Stewart are all British. McAvoy is Scottish, Fassbender is German/Irish

Jackman is Australian but his parents are English.

That is because all the X MEN cast can act unlike the Avengers cast only RDJ and ruffalo acted well

• Like 1

Cap2 sucess is only driven because of how big the Avengers was. and this Cap2 movie  was sold as a direct sequel to the avengers (nick fury, black widows and the helicar all on the trailers and posters) so , without that two thing cap2 will be a mess like the first one

I loved the first one. I loved the second one. But, even if you disagree, you can't deny that most people here knew that Nick Fury and Black Widow would be in CA:TWS. Most people here still didn't feel that it would do this well at the BO.

However, Sir, I do believe in Dat Avengers Effect.

• Like 5

Cap2 sucess is only driven because of how big the Avengers was. and this Cap2 movie  was sold as a direct sequel to the avengers (nick fury, black widow and the helicar all on the trailers and posters) so , without that two thing cap2 will be a mess like the first one

why are you such a Marvel hater?

did you get beat up by somebody dressed as a Marvel character in school every day?

• Like 6

why are you such a Marvel hater?

did you get beat up by somebody dressed as a Marvel character in school every day?

I´m not a hater, that is a fact, Thor 2 sold less because it was markted as a total Thor spin-off (no other avengers and not Rs). Cap 1 only grossed 370 WW. in the new movie The GA was more attracted to it because of the good marketing targeting the Avengers fans and more Bj, IMO.

Edited by charles
  • Like 1

I loved the first one. I loved the second one. But, even if you disagree, you can't deny that most people here knew that Nick Fury and Black Widow would be in CA:TWS. Most people here still didn't feel that it would do this well at the BO.

However, Sir, I do believe in Dat Avengers Effect.

TDW had Loki and that Avengers effect lead to $50m+ less.

CA2 had great trailers and marketing, great reviews, great WOM and did repeat business having sub 38% every weekend except the first and when another Superhero movie opened.   In many international markets it opened below TDW and ASM2 and finished equal or higher.

• Like 8

That is because all the X MEN cast can act unlike the Avengers cast only RDJ and ruffalo acted well

LOL

Anyway I wanna see dat A Million Ways to Flop in the West #

• Like 1

TDW had Loki and that Avengers effect lead to $50m+ less.

CA2 had great trailers and marketing, great reviews, great WOM and did repeat business having sub 38% every weekend except the first and when another Superhero movie opened.   In many international markets it opened below TDW and ASM2 and finished equal or higher.

You = preacher

Me= choir

Preach On!!

• Like 1

Godzilla is looking at another 60% drop unless it gets over a 100% Friday increase. $200m might be a challenge.

Nah, it's gonna get another 25-30m in weekends and around the same amount in weekdays before it's pulled from theaters.
  • Like 3