[quote name="Tree-5000" post="2178326" timestamp="143951191

1990s:

1. Jurassic Park

2. The Lost World

3. Hook

4. Schindler's List

5. Amistad

WTF! :wacko:

Schindler's List in fourth! How the hell... Jurassic Park is better than Schindler's List? How just how

Spielberg has such a gloriously diverse filmography.

That's what makes him argueably the best working director out there. Even if one were to argue Nolan, I'll believe it when Nolan makes something that isn't within his wheelhouse. And don't try telling me Interstellar was outside of his wheelhouse ;)

That's what makes him argueably the best working director out there. Even if one were to argue Nolan, I'll believe it when Nolan makes something that isn't within his wheelhouse. And don't try telling me Interstellar was outside of his wheelhouse ;)

There are at least 25 working directors better than Nolan. Maybe 40 or 50...

Except Jurassic Park isn't that good... But it doesn't matter because Schindler's List is an absolute fucking masterpiece

JP is a fantastic popcorn movie.

Schindlers is a masterpiece film.

I'm going to disagree and agree on this one.

JP is a fantastic popcorn movie.

Schindlers is a masterpiece film.

I'm going to disagree and agree on this one.

Different types of movies going for different things. I find both equally as good. I obviously love JP  but I consider Schindler's List to be probably the best movie ever made. 

• Like 2

Different types of movies going for different things. I find both equally as good. I obviously love JP but I consider Schindler's List to be probably the best movie ever made.

This opinion you have...

It is correct.

Well, ok, I'd probably still pick Blade Runner but whatever.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

I'll agree. Gets a little too much hate, although I understand where the hate comes from.

I was really interested in the premise, but it's so disappointing to see the movie squander it on a zero-chemistry romance and a bunch of slip and fall slapstick

I was really interested in the premise, but it's so disappointing to see the movie squander it on a zero-chemistry romance and a bunch of slip and fall slapstick

This is about the Terminal right?

Yeah, interesting premise, some interesting things...but it ultimately just turns into a silly bloated piece of schmaltz.

Very disappointing.

But hey it kinda predicted Zoe in Star Trek (and oh god was that romance subplot terrible).

• Like 1