John Marston

Tuesday Numbers (RTH) 22J 7.2,HTTYD2 5.9,Malef 2.9

I had those powers rangers as a toy. I remember playing with them all the time. Back then they were the shit.

Power Rangers and GI Joe were the shit!

• Like 2

Power Rangers and GI Joe were the shit!

I was never really into GI Joe to be honest, the original series (when it was actually really popular) was also before my time, though I do remember I had a lot of Transformers action figures.

I was never really into GI Joe to be honest, the original series (when it was actually really popular) was also before my time, though I do remember I had a lot of Transformers action figures.

WTF!? 

COBRALALALALALLAALLALA much?

• Like 1

WTF!? 

COBRALALALALALLAALLALA much?

Hey. At least I had a lot of action figures as a kid, but I grew up in the period of Pokemon, Spongebob, DBZ and all that stuff.

I do really cherish my childhood though. Such awesome memories.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

That force sells a lot of merchandise. Hot Darmn Star Wars is a cash cow after decades. George Lucas was never going to be broke. Why did he sell?

Disney made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Actually, retirement is the right answer. Lucas wanted to preserve his legacy. He doesn't want anyone taking over and changing back all of the changes that he made to Star Wars. And he has always had a good working relationship with Disney over theme park rides. Therefore, Disney seemed like a good choice to him. He never even let Fox make a bid to buy Lucasfilm.

Disney can't have Marvel characters in Walt Disney World. So they needed something else and they thought they'd ask Lucas about creating more Star Wars themed rides. However, after thinking about it, they decided that they'd try to buy the whole Lucasfilm company. Surprisingly, George Lucas wanted to sell because he wanted to retire and take it easy.

And that's how it happened.......and now George Lucas is on the Disney Board of Directors. He may be even more powerful now as a member of the Disney Board.

• Like 3

I'm gonna post my awful fanficy idea for JUMP STREET: THE FINAL CHAPTER in this thread because why not?

In JUMP STREET: THE FINAL CHAPTER, the universally loved franchise comes to end when Jenko (Channing Tatum) and Schmidt (Jonah Hill) decide to go on one last mission: infiltrating an archaeology school! The mission comes to an abrupt end when Dickson (Ice Cube) is kidnapped by Pete Schmidt (Seth Rogen,) Schmidt's cousin three-times-removed, and Evan Molson (James Franco), Mark's older brother who's out for vengeance. Schmidt and Jenko must break Mark (Dave Franco) out of jail and reunite EVERY SINGLE NOTABLE CHARACTER from the previous twenty four Jump Street movies to be able to rescue their boss. It's Hollywood's two biggest bromances against each other in a battle of sheer hilarity that'll mark the end of the Jump Street trilogy.

Y'ALL MAKE FUN OF IT YOU HEAR

• Like 2

Seeing 22JS today. Kinda bummed, my cousin wants to go at 2:40. 2:40 on a Wednesday to a R-rated comedy? We'll probably be the only ones in there. I like big crowds for comedies because it makes a better atmosphere. TITE didnt have the atmosphere it couldve because i saw it too early and there was like 4 other people. And im not out of bed yet.Having everyone laughing at once just makes it funnier. I saw RA OD at 9 and I was falling out of my seat. Doubt that will happen today. Oh wellz, we'll see how it goes. Anxious whats so funny about the credits.

There was a surprisingly decent crowd at my show today at 2:10. I had a fun time.

Mine's HTTYD2, EOT, XMDOFP. CATWS is 4th.

Just saw Inglourious Basterds. Of the 4 Tarantino flicks I've seen; RDogs, Django, Basterds, Pulp Fiction

Heh, those are the four I've seen

Basterds, Dogs, Django, Pulp for me

Armond White's best of the year so far: http://www.indiewire.com/survey/top-films-of-2014-so-far/best-film/armond-white

Mine:

Locke

Grand Budapest

Under the Skin

The Edge of Tomorrow

LEGO Movie

Godzilla

The Raid 2: Berandal

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Noah

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I'd give my top 10, but I'm seeing Edge and Maleficent in a few hours so I'll wait to share

Disney made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Actually, retirement is the right answer. Lucas wanted to preserve his legacy. He doesn't want anyone taking over and changing back all of the changes that he made to Star Wars. And he has always had a good working relationship with Disney over theme park rides. Therefore, Disney seemed like a good choice to him. He never even let Fox make a bid to buy Lucasfilm.

Disney can't have Marvel characters in Walt Disney World. So they needed something else and they thought they'd ask Lucas about creating more Star Wars themed rides. However, after thinking about it, they decided that they'd try to buy the whole Lucasfilm company. Surprisingly, George Lucas wanted to sell because he wanted to retire and take it easy.

And that's how it happened.......and now George Lucas is on the Disney Board of Directors. He may be even more powerful now as a member of the Disney Board.

Whoa! Thanks for that. :lol:

• Like 1

Transformers and GI Joe were the shit!

FTFY. :P

I had every figure in those lines, but the true holy grail was Star Wars. My best friend still has every figure and the Millennium Falcon.

The bastard... :angry:

Well Iron Man is the only one that seemed to be more popular than Spidey but I guess that's not true either. Cause the numbers don't lie. Spidey is king of comic book merchandise. Disney wins either way.

Iron Man's merchandizing is split between team Avengers merchandise and Iron Man solo, ditto CA2. Most of that is sold as the core four.   Combined I think Spider-man is still on top but it's a lot closer.  Spider-man, Iron Man ^ Captain America are easily their top three in that order, then comes Hulk and then Thor.  If they bothered to sell X-men merchandise in any degree anymore Wolverine would probably be next.

Overall, Marvel generated $6 billion in merchandize sales last year.

Dozens of companies are tying in with "Marvel's The Avengers," the Walt Disney Co. action film opening today in the U.S. With its Captain America character dating back to World War II, "The Avengers" has an unusually broad appeal, attracting licensing and sponsorship deals that go well beyond toys, including ones for hotels, fragrances and luxury cars.

Searching for revenue beyond the box office has been a big part of the strategy at Disney, where the Marvel division generated $6 billion in retail merchandise sales last year, according to License Global magazine. Disney's consumer products division produced operating income of $816 million in 2011, more than the $618 million brought in by the company's original business, its film studio.

May 4, 2014

http://adage.com/article/media/avengers-bulking-6-billion-marvel-licensing-machine/234572/

• Like 2