John Marston

Tuesday Numbers (RTH) 22J 7.2,HTTYD2 5.9,Malef 2.9

Drive Ins are awesome cause you don't have to worry about 2-3 jackasses in front of you opening their phone.

You don't have to listen to the 16yr guy in the horror movie think he's being cool by shouting "Don't Do IT!"

Nor do you have to listen to Jenny and Ashley talk about 5th period cause they were dragged to this action flick by the boys.

And of course the capper, those parents who couldn't get a sitter but bring their 6mo infant anyway and the child begins crying during the crucial reveal portion of the second act.

You sit in you car, tune the radio to the frequency for the film and enjoy it as it's meant to be. 

Drive-Ins are a very cool experience. I went twice to one on Transit Road in Buffalo, NY. It was an awesome experience.

• Like 2

Drive-In's are pretty awesome, the novelty definitely goes a long way these days. My dad took me to my first one last year to see Gravity, we had to drive around an hour and a half but he figured as much as I like movies it was something I needed to experience. They had switched over to digital projection, one thing I didn't expect.

The double feature was Cloudy 2 / Gravity. Odd combo but I certainly enjoyed myself.

Actually, I hate the drive-in for a legit movie experience :lol: It's a fun time for either rewatches or movies I don't particularly care about, but since the sound sucks and there's no actual crowd experience, I avoid it for actually anticipated movies of mine

(I say this because I think seeing Gravity at the drive-in would be awful :lol: )

We've had some nice double features so far this year

Captain America: The Winter Soldier / Divergent

Rio 2 / Captain America: The Winter Soldier

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 / RoboCop

Heaven is for Real / The Amazing Spider-Man 2

The LEGO Movie / Mr. Peabody and Sherman

X-Men: Days of Future Past / The Other Woman

Godzilla / X-Men: Days of Future Past

Edge of Tomorrow / Godzilla

Maleficent / Edge of Tomorrow

And starting Friday it's How to Train Your Dragon 2 / Maleficent

and 100% of the BO take gets added to each title stupid system

In Intl you can't mix studios/distributors (theres a rare exception) so you won't get Godz +DOFP or Male+EOT or Lego+Peabody

• Like 1

and 100% of the BO take gets added to each title stupid system

In Intl you can't mix studios/distributors (theres a rare exception) so you won't get Godz +DOFP or Male+EOT or Lego+Peabody

Wait, so when I go to see Maleficent+Edge of Tomorrow, both movies get $8 added to their gross??

Wait, so when I go to see Maleficent+Edge of Tomorrow, both movies get $8 added to their gross??

In the DOM market correct, the financial calc for film hire(rentals)  payed of cause doesn't work that way.

Say you look at title been on few weeks and suddenly theres an uplift/low drop/increase in theatres etc it'll be mainly because on either

1-film now playing discount houses

2-film is part of double/tripple feature with some new release film.

• Like 1