#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

I personally have never been a fan of animated movies. There are obviously some good ones out there and Beauty and the Beast and Lion king and a lot of the classics as a kid are good but that's why I said Frozen is the best movie I have seen as an adult. It easily compares to movies like Lady and the Tramp and Cinderella and Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. It has that kind of feel and that kind of classic element to it in my opinion. It buries anything Pixar has ever done in my opinion

Oh I got you... Baumer ..True.... But do you think the subliminal stuff disney has been getting better at combined with one of the best songs of all time helped push its BO? I keep forgetting we were teenagers my friend when TLK and  Beast were out. LOL

Whoops. So I apologize.. So you do agree that TLK and Beast were  something extraordinary.

I dont  know how the hell the first half of Frozen didnt match the final act though. Frozen 2 should make the film stand out from start to finish.

Please see Dragon 2... Baumer I was in fucking  tears.. Its incrediblee man

Well thats your opinion and you are entitled to it Kal. But I disagree with everything u said.

Well I dont understand how you thought the final act didnt make the movie drop off a tad.  I missed the part where you said its the best film you have seen as a adult. LOL.. Still TLK  adjusts to nearly 700 M domestic and near 2billion WW for a reason :P.

Read up on disneys use of subliminials to influence audiences to buy tickets and merchandise.. They are getting better and better at it my friend.

I cant understand the BO for frozen but still got to give it props. Glad the domestic audience came to their senses though

oh c'mon, be fair...

...I'm pretty sure it's like 80% Jay Baruchel's voice that's the fault. can't they just say Hiccup hit puberty and change the actor?

They should replace him with Morgan Freeman

• Like 1

They should replace him with Morgan Freeman

I actually think the leads voice is amazing...Has that diamond in the ruff allure to it. When an actor pulls its off right its a winner everytime ... Aka  ALaddin, FN 's dad character, The Voice acting of the main leads of the Incredibles.

Edited by Superman001

I'm sure the entire package is what contributed to making Frozen a fantastic movie, Kal. All I know is ( and this is a true story) I was at a soccer game for my niece. At the soccer game while these little 5 year old girls were warming up to play soccer one little girl just broke into the song let it go. Then another one of the soccer teammates also joined in and began singing it and then my niece, who has probably seen frozen eight hundred times, also broke out into the song let it go. Kids love frozen because it is such a fun movie and yes the music adds to the allure of it for sure. I don't see how that takes away from how great the movie is. Part of great animation is the music that goes with it and Beauty and the Beast would not have been nearly as good as it was it wasn't for the music as well.

• Like 5

Sorry damie friend  quality wise Dragon 2 beats frozen by quite a bit.  Frozen has that outstanding song and an impressive first act though.. :)

Besides your conspiracy theories, which I don't buy, I'm not sure why it has to be a competition. It's possible to love Frozen and the Dragon films at the same time.

• Like 1

Well to be fair, Beauty, TLK, Mermaid, and Nemo are all classics. Dragon 2 I haven't seen yet. Of course Frozen would pale in comparison.

I think Dragon 2 will join the classics for its visuals and heartwarming story from start to finish. Thought the ending could  have been a we bit bigger as always..LOL.. Where are those fantastic endings like Simba standing on that mountain and roaring LOL..

Still your going to love it K1 pierre.. Do you think Dragon will make beyond 700M WW

Well I dont understand how you thought the final act didnt make the movie drop off a tad.  I missed the part where you said its the best film you have seen as a adult. LOL.. Still TLK  adjusts to nearly 700 M domestic and near 2billion WW for a reason :P. Read up on disneys use of subliminials to influence audiences to buy tickets and merchandise.. They are getting better and better at it my friend. I cant understand the BO for frozen but still got to give it props. Glad the domestic audience came to their senses though

I said its the best animate film I've seen as an adult. And TLK doesnt adjust to 2 billion lol.

I really want a crossover movie between GI Joe and TF. Another thing that just sounds so obvious that will happen at some point. 

The Rock and Marky Mark taking down cities with explosions. I can sense it doing 500M DOM. 

Cross it over with LEGO and Battleship and you have the TOYVENGERS

Dwayne "The Rock Johnson x Mark Walberg x Will Ferrell x Rihanna

I'm sure the entire package is what contributed to making Frozen a fantastic movie, Kal. All I know is ( and this is a true story) I was at a soccer game for my niece. At the soccer game while these little 5 year old girls were warming up to play soccer one little girl just broke into the song let it go. Then another one of the soccer teammates also joined in and began singing it and then my niece, who has probably seen frozen eight hundred times, also broke out into the song let it go. Kids love frozen because it is such a fun movie and yes the music adds to the allure of it for sure. I don't see how that takes away from how great the movie is. Part of great animation is the music that goes with it and Beauty and the Beast would not have been nearly as good as it was it wasn't for the music as well.

I guess your right, its one of things Dragon is missing but they manage to wow you with the story telling and wonder of being part of this world of dragons and hiccups story. :)

And its actually true that no great film  makes uber numbers  without  a great song or music.

Not Avatar, Not Titanic, Not ET or  Jaws, Not Jurassic Park and indeed Beauty and the beast musical numbers Gaston , Bell  and be our Guest and Beauty and the beast songs defiinitely helped make it a classic. I guess Im so  used to story rocking from start to finish as well before you call it a disney classic.

I Agree that you can take away Frozens best moments as musicals numbers to some degree are all part of that winners box.

Good post Baumer bud.