Blackout

Wednesday #s (Spatula): Dragon 3.53, 22JS 3.46, Malef 1.93, TLAM2 1.85, JB 1.6, FIOS 1.51, EoT 1.22, DOFP 0.83

I wouldn't be surprised if the scathing reviews do have a (minor) effect. 

I think the fact that it's a four-quel will have a greater effect. Unless you're actually bringing an intriguing element to a franchise, i.e. putting the Fast & Furious protagonists up against Jason Statham for Fast 7 and follow that up with them going up against Liam Neeson for a later movie (the latter probably won't happen now), people will get a sense of been there done that with each passing movie and continue to lose interest.

Edited by Jay Beezy

I think the fact that it's a four-quel will have a greater effect. Unless you're actually bringing an intriguing element to a franchise, i.e. putting the Fast & Furious protagonists up against Jason Statham for Fast 7 and follow that up with them going up against Liam Neeson for a later movie, people will get a sense of been there done that with each passing movie.

Well they are adding those dino-bots. 

So you guys are already thinking T4 will under perform, i.e. not crack that elusive 100m OW?

Since this has the best potential to break 100M over the 3-day OW, I'd like for it to do so, so we'll finally have a 100M opener this year. After that, though, I doubt it will make more than the first.

Do the studios decide whether their movies get more theaters each week or is that the theaters' decision?

Studio decides where films should play then theatres accept or not, theatre can ask to play film and studio will decide yes/no..

there are al kinds of deals surrounding minimum play period, film rental terms etc.

So a theatre might agree to play DOFP for at least 4 weeks, now if its performing badly and theatre wants to say take it off end of week 2/3 studio may/may not allow it. Some times there is a deal that says for example minimum play 6 weeks if after 3 weeks film takes less than 10k option to take the film off. Deals can also include screens so it might be minimum 2 weeks on 3 screens and week3+ 1 screen , theres a lot more leaniancy onreducing screens than of cause taking film off completely

• Like 6

Studio decides where films should play then theatres accept or not, theatre can ask to play film and studio will decide yes/no..

there are al kinds of deals surrounding minimum play period, film rental terms etc.

So a theatre might agree to play DOFP for at least 4 weeks, now if its performing badly and theatre wants to say take it off end of week 2/3 studio may/may not allow it. Some times there is a deal that says for example minimum play 6 weeks if after 3 weeks film takes less than 10k option to take the film off. Deals can also include screens so it might be minimum 2 weeks on 3 screens and week3+ 1 screen , theres a lot more leaniancy onreducing screens than of cause taking film off completely

Thank you  :)

Dude, the combination of intimate box office knowledge and...that other stuff in the sex thread makes me want your babies.

• Like 4

That is really interesting information. 

X Men has crossed 702m Worldwide. It will be the number one movie in the world this weekend. Well Done Fellas!

Posted Image

Dat cast!

Seriously...one of the best casts ever. A shame some of them were underused, but still!

• Like 1

I bet he'll throw a HUGE pool party at Roland Emmerich's house to celebrate  :ph34r:

Well, I laughed, and under normal circumstances he probably would.

But still, the refuge/AIDS/rape joke wasn't enough for you for one day? :mellow:

• Like 1