Blackout

Wednesday #s (Spatula): Dragon 3.53, 22JS 3.46, Malef 1.93, TLAM2 1.85, JB 1.6, FIOS 1.51, EoT 1.22, DOFP 0.83

Yeah, makes sense.  I just looked up the first one's OW and it only made 70.  Adjust that into today's dollars and it maybe becomes 75 OW.  So that is what the movie actually started with.  I could see this OW dropping quite a bit from the projection of 100 million, though, simply because of the very poor reviews, and some series fatigue.

None of the first 3 movies opened on Friday though.

• Like 1

Yeah, makes sense.  I just looked up the first one's OW and it only made 70.  Adjust that into today's dollars and it maybe becomes 75 OW.  So that is what the movie actually started with.  I could see this OW dropping quite a bit from the projection of 100 million, though, simply because of the very poor reviews, and some series fatigue.

What will affect it more is the audience rating. If the GA rating is low, then legs will be shitty.

• Like 2

The first Transformers essentially had a 6.5 day opening week (weekend).  It opened Monday evening, so the $70 million it made over the weekend frame itself would have been a lot higher if it had opened on Friday or simply closer to Friday (Wednesday or Thursday).

• Like 2

TF1 OW adjusts to like $85 million today. That's after burning off three full weekdays along with the Monday night 8pm previews it had. Oh yeah, and I don't think its IMAX release came until September, so not only did it not have 3D, it didn't have IMAX either.

That's fucking impressive no matter how you try to spin it.

• Like 2

Jesus it's at 13% on RT. That is phenomenally bad.

Not saying it will hurt the movie (it won't) just pointing out how fucking horrible that is. By the time it hits 100 reviews it might be at Shyamalan level.

:ph34r: .......That's a "The-Level-That-Should-Not-Be-Named" level......

• Like 5

Dougie McBuckets traded to Chicago for the 16th and 19th pick?

I'm from Creighton but Chicago...what are you doing?

Posted Image

As a Chicago fan, I am fine with the move. I think he can be a decent role player on the team.

• Like 2

Dougie McBuckets traded to Chicago for the 16th and 19th pick?

I'm from Creighton but Chicago...what are you doing?

Posted Image

Speaking of Jordan, Didn't Charlotte snag a first round pick from Detroit for Corey Maggette?

• Like 1

As a Chicago fan, I am fine with the move. I think he can be a decent role player on the team.

Posted Image

I hope he can involve into a mini Larry Bird. But it seems like they gave away too much for someone who is unlikely to be better than a decent role player.

• Like 2

Posted Image

I hope he can involve into a mini Larry Bird. But it seems like they gave away too much for someone who is unlikely to be better than a decent role player.

Yeah, my only problem is how much they gave up. 

• Like 1

I liked the first Transformers. It’s about a boy and his first car…if his first car turned out to be an awesome Transformer. It’s also about a boy and his first girl…if his first girl turned out to look like Megan Fox. That's fun and it’s total wish fulfillment. Around that core premise of boy-meets-awesome-car-and-girl there’s a lot of noise and destruction. The sequels have the noise and destruction without the human element to keep things grounded and make you care. 

Edited by La Binoche
  • Like 2