CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Here are the top 20 licensing properties for 2011. I know it's a few years old, but it lets you know how well Disney was doing before they bought Star Wars and what buying Star Wars did for them.

1. Disney Princess (Disney) $1.60 billion in 2011 retail sales2. Star Wars (Lucasfilm) $1.50 billion3. Pooh (Disney) $1.09 billion4. Cars (Disney) $1.05 billion5. Hello Kitty (Sanrio) $800 million6. Mickey & Friends (Disney) $750 million7. WWE (WWE) $700 million8. Toy Story (Disney) $685 million9. Peanuts (Iconix, Peanuts Worldwide) $600 million10. Sesame Street (Sesame Workshop) $515 million11. Disney Fairies (Disney) $435 million12. Thomas the Tank Engine (Hit Entertainment) $390 million13. Garfield (Paws Inc.) $370 million14. Dora the Explorer (Nickelodeon) $330 million15. SpongeBob (Nickelodeon) $330 million16. Spiderman (Marvel/Disney) $325 million17. Ben 10 (Cartoon Network) $295 million18. Angry Birds (Rovio) $250 million19. Batman (DC/Warner) $245 million20. Barbie (Mattel) $242 million

WWE makes way more money than what I imagined. 

• Like 2

Here are the top 20 licensing properties for 2011. I know it's a few years old, but it lets you know how well Disney was doing before they bought Star Wars and what buying Star Wars did for them.

1. Disney Princess (Disney) $1.60 billion in 2011 retail sales2. Star Wars (Lucasfilm) $1.50 billion3. Pooh (Disney) $1.09 billion4. Cars (Disney) $1.05 billion5. Hello Kitty (Sanrio) $800 million6. Mickey & Friends (Disney) $750 million7. WWE (WWE) $700 million8. Toy Story (Disney) $685 million9. Peanuts (Iconix, Peanuts Worldwide) $600 million10. Sesame Street (Sesame Workshop) $515 million11. Disney Fairies (Disney) $435 million12. Thomas the Tank Engine (Hit Entertainment) $390 million13. Garfield (Paws Inc.) $370 million14. Dora the Explorer (Nickelodeon) $330 million15. SpongeBob (Nickelodeon) $330 million16. Spiderman (Marvel/Disney) $325 million17. Ben 10 (Cartoon Network) $295 million18. Angry Birds (Rovio) $250 million19. Batman (DC/Warner) $245 million20. Barbie (Mattel) $242 million

Wow seems that 8-10Billion from the  Cars franchise is really through...Damn Disney

Is safe to say TF4 will make 300 million worldwide this weekend?

It is safe to say my Summer Game got a bit more screwed yet again. 

Edited by CJohn

The Prestige I need to see a second time, I watched it at 3AM or something and I was half asleep.

It's one of the Nolan films that gets better with each viewing IMO.

• Like 2

WWE is a merchandising power house. That Cena sells a lot of t-shirts.

There are also a lot of toys and the annual game. But you are right, John Cena is the main reason for those numbers.

Wow seems that 8-10Billion from the  Cars franchise is really through...Damn Disney

Disney was already so far ahead before the Lucasfilm purchase. Add in Star Wars afterwards and Disney is on a higher level than other licensing companies.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

Now you are beginning to smelllllllll what McMan has been coooking!!

In the beginning we see him saying that to John Cena. Even knowing that is a scripted show and McMahon planned that angle, his heart still probably stopped beating for a moment. Cena is easily the biggest draw of the company. They can never fire him. He can do whatever he wants. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Disney was already so far ahead before the Lucasfilm purchase. Add in Star wars afterwards and Disney is on a higher level than other licensing companies.

I only have more gripe with them that we need to see more people of different ethnics in their features...Havent seen an arab, black, asian, indian or other ethnic star their tentpole animation films in quite some time.

So what's going on, guys?

Pink went full troll and changed his avatar to the Dame for a few minutes. He also doesn't give a 10/10 to any Nolan movie. He and Ed got divorced. There is also some WWE talk in there somewhere, and a 1 hour long battle between which franchise makes the more money: Pokemon or Star Wars (luckily was between 2 or 3 members, nothing big enough). 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 5

and I actually liked Oz the great and Powerful! well, compared to everything else in that recent "trend" though unlike alice, snow white/huntsman, maleficent it's not rebooting it and making it stupider but rather just a prequel. same spirit I guess. I love the climax a lot.

It has so much style compared to everything else in that trend. Really underrated movie