CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

I suggest you check china. And See how mcuch smaller markets were and Avatar made 2billlion in them.. Its not likely, but when you get up to 300M from one territory your almost there.. Anyone that thinks this will miss a billion is crazy lol

But it's not even going to get to 300m in China...
  • Like 1

An hour later, he was apparently talking in the hospital!!! (Note: this story is obviously still developing, but hopefully he'll be okay. We followed by semi-reliable tweets and speculation for the first few hours.)

Dear god, I read that way too fast as "reliable tweets and ejaculation". :unsure:

• Like 4

It won't make 1 Billion OS. I am 100% sure of that. It's not about what I want it to make. I am just being realistic Kal bud. :)

Lets wait to see what Japan, germany, Mexico,  UK, and others put up before we make that assessment. I agree unlikely, but so was 250-300M in China :D

• Like 1

Hilarious and Siddhartha is well developed if the script is anything to go by, but does it really needs a laugh track.

Thanks! The laugh track is actually the only reason I chose a sitcom approach to the project. I wanted to make the laugh track be a good way for meta jokes and also add some flavor to it. It's a shame the editor on the project didn't realize that, as the laugh track is rather generic in the final cut :/
  • Like 1

Thanks! The laugh track is actually the only reason I chose a sitcom approach to the project. I wanted to make the laugh track be a good way for meta jokes and also add some flavor to it. It's a shame the editor on the project didn't realize that, as the laugh track is rather generic in the final cut :/

....but you don't script laugh tracks for sitcoms. ;)

• Like 3

Lets wait to see what Japan, germany, Mexico,  UK, and others put up before we make that assessment. I agree unlikely, but so was 250-300M in China :D

I am not just saying unlikely. I am 100% sure it won't hit 1 Billion OS.  :)

• Like 2

It's also incredibly overused.

I'm not a fan of the laugh track as it's basically the show asking you to laugh at anything, instead of trying to make you laugh through actual jokes and gags.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

On the contrary, many of us expected a huge number from China -- 200-250m or more. The question is how it will perform in markets that the production team didn't focus on as heavily as they did China... and up to this point, the answer is pretty mixed: Russia will open a bit higher than TF3, Australia a bit lower, South Korea much lower, USA lower... etc

• Like 2

Kal, Rth sees the raw data, the actual numbers as they come in. He's far more knowledgeable about any of this (and how it works) than any of us amateurs. He's not guessing with his heart, or coming up with reasons why (or why not) a movie should get to a certain total. He is looking at the numbers themselves.

And yet he says it wont make 100M OW, when Paramount seems to be already celebrating.. I believe they get the numbers in faster than anyone and then give the tally info to places Like Hollywood reporter. Im pretty sure RTH didnt expect an Avatar, IM3 or 300M in China from a 4th movie in a franchise. :0)  So I never take an experts word for it  when it comes  to BO Tele.

RTH proably also doesnt think Avatar 2 will be as big as the first.. He will be wrong there too. Sometimes you have to let your gut lead the way. :)

And i wont be suprised if quite a few suprises pop up when Optimus Prime is said and done..Wish it had done better in SK.

• Like 1

If SK and Aus is any indication to go by, TF4 will drop like a rock compared to TF3 in Europe.

We will see Lex.. Dont bet your bottom dollar on that one.. Looks likee TR4 is a fun movie that just may get that repeat business. I dont know why they made it so damn long though. lol

• Like 1

On the contrary, many of us expected a huge number from China -- 200-250m or more. The question is how it will perform in markets that the production team didn't focus on as heavily as they did China... and up to this point, the answer is pretty mixed: Russia will open a bit higher than TF3, Australia a bit lower, South Korea much lower, USA lower... etc

Dont forget Japan now, :P...China could go over 300M by the way.Why only 200-250 lol ;)

I dont see many 200M-270M predictions for China Tele.. So No reaching 250-300+m was not expected :P.

Whats funny is TR4 may reach 300+M domestic and nearly everyone was saying because of the dissappointments that Prime would have no chance to beat the Capt 2 :)

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

It's also incredibly overused.

I'm not a fan of the laugh track as it's basically the show asking you to laugh at anything, instead of trying to make you laugh through actual jokes and gags.

Well, there's a long and illustrious tradition of laugh tracks, of course, since sitcoms are basically the updated television version of the old vaudeville acts that used to play theatrically. And while most are augmented, they still do film in front of audiences (for the most part), so it's not like it's completely fake. Yes, actually being part of a studio audience is also weird and not very natural, since they're encouraging you to react well, but at the same time, good feedback from the audience helps the actors.

• Like 2

And yet he says it wont make 100M OW, when Paramount seems to be already celebrating.. 

Kal, Rth doesn't predict. He just posts the extrapolated numbers when they come in. He's never said one word about whether TF4 will hit 100m this weekend. He just posted the Friday early numbers, the later evening Friday numbers, and did the same thing today. It's not a question of being an expert or not, he is looking at the same actual data the studios are, as it comes in. So yes, there is expertise in looking how those numbers compare to other similar films, and that's where the extrapolations come in, but it's not like he's predicting anything.

The numbers he posts have a track record of being far more accurate than anything The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Deadline, Nikki Finke, or anyone else says.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 2

It's 2:40 in the morning.

The guy was non-responsive and the paramedics declared him dead.

An hour later, he was apparently talking in the hospital!!! (Note: this story is obviously still developing, but hopefully he'll be okay. We followed by semi-reliable tweets and speculation for the first few hours.)

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/06/28/columbus-crew-off-duty-firefighter-struck-by-lightning.html

:o  Oh my.

• Like 1

Just found out that there is a LA Galaxy vs Manchester United match at the Rose Bowl on July 23rd. Wondering if I should get tickets for that one. I don't like watching friendlies normally since the teams just won't try as hard as an actual league or cup match.

• Like 1