CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

What the fuck was Spike Lee thinking when he made Oldboy

Well I haven't seen it, since I can't comment on the quality of the film, all I know is that Spike Lee and Josh Brolin disowned the film, since it was cut to shreds by the studio.

Since the studio dumped the film, the original version will probably never see the light of the day as it is.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

What about doing different voices? Have you ever tried changing your voice?

oh, definitely. I'm usually the funny voice guy in the shows at my high school. It's what my small town claim to fame isAround the World
  • Like 1

Dear Strong Bad,You are the superest, awesomest guy ever. That makes you sawesome. Do you have a Strong Badian dictionary fo your own words.Sincerely yours,Costrick.

yep, that's me! I spent all middle school saying sawesome lol
  • Like 1

Well I haven't seen it, since I can't comment, all I know is that Spike Lee and Josh Brolin disowned the film, since it was cut to shreds by the studio.

Since the studio dumped, the original version will probably never see the light of the day as it is.

Wow  Ithought old boy was a great film lol. I havent seen it yet either.. I heard some folks

in the forums speak highly of it.. I need to see it, pity Studios refuse to let filmmakers go with

their vision though. .They ruined SM3 for Raimi with interference as well Fancy. UGH

• Like 1

Wow  Ithought old boy was a great film lol. I havent seen it yet either.. I heard some folks

in the forums speak highly of it.. I need to see it, pity Studios refuse to let filmmakers go with

their vision though. .They ruined SM3 for Raimi with interference as well Fancy. UGH

Studio interference has been around since forever. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it isn't.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

One day I will have ill to try and do the frozen song.. I used to have an amazing tenorvoice but Im out of practise..:)

just this year I became decent again . mostly because it was my first time since sophomore year I had some training (in the musical)

Studio interference has been around since forever. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it isn't.

Indeed. Didn't know this until today, but apparently Spike Lee's Oldboy was cut to shreds by the producers. 2.5 hours reduced to 100mins. 

• Like 2

oh, definitely. I'm usually the funny voice guy in the shows at my high school. It's what my small town claim to fame isAround the World

That's cool. I have recordings of myself doing various "funny" voices.

• Like 1

Indeed. Didn't know this until today, but apparently Spike Lee's Oldboy was cut to shreds by the producers. 2.5 hours reduced to 100mins. 

Yup. Will probably never see the original version either.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

14 hours and I still have no idea what's going on.

I think I'm done drinking for the next few weeks.

I just need DOFP to have a good Saturday and I'll be happy.

• Like 3

Based on what I'm watching, I don't think another 50 minutes would have been of any benefit. It's basically a massively worse version of the original; no sense of style, and Sharlto Copley's accent is completely insane in a bad way.

• Like 1

Based on what I'm watching, I don't think another 50 minutes would have been of any benefit. It's basically a massively worse version of the original; no sense of style, and Sharlto Copley's accent is completely insane in a bad way.

I've never seen it so I can't comment. The way I look at it is, I'd rather see a bad movie that was the director's cut than a bad movie made by the studio. 

• Like 3