CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

:blink:

"Jersey Boys" was doomed to me from the start as the Broadway show has gone down in popularity over the years from it's peak.  I think it would of been more successful if released closer to the Broadway's heyday.   As for "Think like a Man 2"  It had it's OW rush but doesn't look to have much staying power.  I just think they didn't think the sequel through, it just didn't progress the story or characters at all.  It seemed like one Big Vegas Vacation for the cast, lol.   But Jesus, 89% drop? That can't be right. 

Free Birds is a better use of the 98 minutes

WB Fun Originals (Edge of Tomorrow/Pacific Rim)>WB Dark and Gritty Reboots (Godzilla/Man of Steel)

I liked EOT and MoS and didn't care much for Pac Rim and Godzilla.

I'd say it's very likely Paramount decided to go with a Friday release to avoid direct comparisons to the previous three, or at least let the media spin the opening the way filmscholar just did.

Yep, just like TASM2's opening. "50% increase from the last one!"

• Like 1

I'd say it's very likely Paramount decided to go with a Friday release to avoid direct comparisons to the previous three, or at least let the media spin the opening the way filmscholar just did.

It won't surprise me if they say just that. 

"Oh the new movie opened with 90M, just 7M below the last one, with a new cast! Fantastic! Terrific! TF5 and TF6 will shoot back to back!"

• Like 1