#ED

Wknd "Paramount Actuals": TF4 -100.04M | RTH Favorite Radio Station - 97.5 FM [Actuals pg 11]

I traded in 99% of my DVDs to get credit towards blu ray.Which makes me wonder... Where the fuck is my wedding dvd wtf...

I dont know here in Canada 2nd hand market for DVD's is like nothing. 

• Like 1

I have about 200 Dvd's and 3 Bluerays...

I wish there was a more active 2nd hand market for home media.

I have sold all my PS3 and PS2 games and made 2000 of dollars back. 

You used to be able to get a decent price (or credit) for used DVDs, back in the day. Now, probably not so much.

• Like 3

You remind me, Birdman should be on my anticipated movie list.And Big Eyes is only good at best? :( How about goddess Adams and my man Waltz, any early words?

Adams is really quiet apparently. It's supposedly a good performance but not a showy one. Waltz is polarising, some love him and say he blows Adams away but some think he plays a cartoon. Script is apparently uneven and the tone is a bit all over the place. Cinematography, costumes, music and production design all top-notch.

• Like 2

Some of y'all must have it easy and money to spare, collecting Blurays collection and video games.My biggest collection is like my jar of pennies.

This is what happens when you work, live at home with your parents, and hoard money.

Paycheck ---> Student Loans ---> Nolan movies ---> Video games ---> Other Blu Ray's

• Like 4

Some of y'all must have it easy and money to spare, collecting Blurays collection and video games.My biggest collection is like my jar of pennies.

Oddest thing is before I had to work for a living I used to spend so much money on games and DVD's and such.

Now I feel like spending 10 bucks to watch a movie in theaters to be too much.

I can easily afford more then ever but just a thought in my mind. 

• Like 2

I don't own nearly as many classics as I should but it's absolutely true. Just the Godfather trilogy, some Bond films (back when they were releasing them in three's :lol), and The Seven Samurai.

Godfather 1 and 2 were in terrible shape until the restoration was done for Blu-ray. They now look like they should have for years.

• Like 2

This is what happens when you work, live at home with your parents, and hoard money. Paycheck ---> Student Loans ---> Nolan movies ---> Video games ---> Other Blu Ray's

What's your work, Mr. Pink?
  • Like 1

Some of y'all must have it easy and money to spare, collecting Blurays collection and video games.

My biggest collection is like my jar of pennies.

I've only spent 1500 this year at best buy so it's not that bad(I buy everything at bestbuy)

Posted Image

Still haven't met my Elite Plus requirement.

• Like 3

What's your work, Mr. Pink?

Officially? Helping people with their 401k retirement via phone

Unofficially? Posting on Box Office while assisting some people with their retirement funds on the side.

(Hopefully it's temporary?)

• Like 4

Oddest thing is before I had to work for a living I used to spend so much money on games and DVD's and such. Now I feel like spending 10 bucks to watch a movie in theaters to be too much. I can easily afford more then ever but just a thought in my mind.

I'm a bit opposite. Before, when I was working part-time, tutoring mostly, so it's like easy money, I spend them rather carelessly. Now that I worked full time and in a position with serious responsibility and pressure, I become really careful with my money since it's more hard-earned.
  • Like 1

Everything is proceeding as I have planned.

Hahahaha.Perhaps we can get a box office Christmas gift trading going on...With people we trust of course(That's like 6 of us).
  • Like 3

Officially? Helping people with their 401k retirement via phone

Unofficially? Posting on Box Office while assisting some people with their retirement funds on the side.

(Hopefully it's temporary?)

401k's are awesome, especially if you get an employer match. Good on you for helping people make responsible financial decisions (although I don't know whether I would trust someone straight out of college, no offense)

• Like 2

I'm a bit opposite. Before, when I was working part-time, tutoring mostly, so it's like easy money, I spend them rather carelessly.Now that I worked full time and in a position with serious responsibility and pressure, I become really careful with my money since it's more hard-earned.

I spend a lot more money being with family and friends these days.

Took my 4 younger cousins up north to the beach and such cost me like 300 bucks but was worth it.

Other costs come into play and such.

When one is younger you spend money more on yourself, now its yourself and others.

Like I am going to Montreal for a weekend and that will set me back 500-1000 bucks. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

401k's are awesome, especially if you get an employer match. Good on you for helping people make responsible financial decisions (although I don't know whether I would trust someone straight out of college, no offense)

I'm an insane mad genius now when it comes to it.

Index Funds. Index Funds. Index Funds.

You just don't want to call when I'm reading about fudging. I could be distracted.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1