CoolioD1

emmy nominations 2014

breaking bad will win easily I think. True Detective will cause it some trouble in the lead actor/directing categories, maybe writing too.

and I'm thanking God true detective didn't submit as a miniseries. fargo has it in the bag so easy. it's competition is seriously weak.

• Like 1

btw, the nominated episodes for writing/directing aren't on the sites but they are

writing:

breaking bad - ozymandias

breaking bad - felina

game of thrones - the children

house of cards - chapter 14

true detective - the secret fate of all life

directing:

boardwalk empire - farewell daddy blues

breaking bad - felina

downton abbey - episode 1

game of thrones - the watchers on the wall

house of cards - chapter 14

true detective - who goes there

btw, the nominated episodes for writing/directing aren't on the sites but they arewriting:breaking bad - ozymandiasbreaking bad - felinagame of thrones - the childrenhouse of cards - chapter 14true detective - the secret fate of all lifedirecting:boardwalk empire - farewell daddy bluesbreaking bad - felinadownton abbey - episode 1game of thrones - the watchers on the wallhouse of cards - chapter 14true detective - who goes there

Ozymandias and To'hajilee didn't get the directing noms? Shocking.

Damn, Jeremy Renner and the lady who played Louie's mom in "In the Woods" should have been shoo-ins for guest acting nods. Glad to see Fargo getting attention, though I'd have nominated Alison Tolman instead of Thorton as far as leads go, though Freeman is right where he belongs.Really, really wish Matthew Rhys could have gotten in for The Americans. I'd have him ahead of Spacey and Harrelson. Also, Aaron Paul>>>>Dean Norris in any season of Breaking Bad. Norris did his best work of the series in the last season, sure, but saying Paul didn't do anything is a disgrace. The last 15 minutes of "Confessions" alone should punch his ticket to a victory, and that's before adding in the "stop working me" speech and general awesomeness from the rest of the episode.

Edited by Seth Rollins

Has FX ever been treated well by the Emmys? I know that Justified and Rescue Me got a couple isolated acting nods, but The Shield and especially Walton Goggins were pretty much royally screwed and now The Americans is being completely ignored. Shane Vendrell was an all-time great performance and Goggins didn't get shit to show for it, and the only season that got any attention was the (arguably weakest) first season, and the incredible five, six, and seven were all ignored.EDIT: Actually just saw that Margo Martindale got in. What the fuck did she do that was so good this season? Damn it all to hell, Emmys.

Edited by Seth Rollins

"who goes there"

Ah, the one with the 5-minute tracking shot of awesome. Yeah, I'd give that one a narrow edge over Felina. Marshall getting nominated for GoT was his makeup nom for not getting nominated for Blackwater.

Hard to decide whether Felina or Ozymandis takes Writing, though Secret Fate of All Life could win.