Ash Skywalker

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials | In theaters

I do think it's good when a franchise can tell contained stories in each installment so one could conceivably watch any random movie and still be able to follow the basic story going on. However, I have to say that when one watches a sequel without having watched the first and then complains about not knowing what's going on, well, that's not really a legitimate complaint. It's not Part 2's fault that you didn't watch Part 1.

Complaining that a sequel wasn't understandable while also not having seen the first movie is like blaming McDonald's because you spilled hot coffee on yourself. It's your fault, not the movie's. At their core, sequels are meant to be seen in conjunction with the original. 

• Like 5

Mockingjay Raphael, did you end up seeing this yet?

Yep, it was not bad, way better than Insurgent for sure, but I thought that the first movie was better, it didn't have any 'mystery' like the maze in the first movie, and I had some problems with some action scenes during the night, in some moments, I couldn't understand what was happening in the screen :ph34r:

• Like 1

Yep, it was not bad, way better than Insurgent for sure, but I thought that the first movie was better, it didn't have any 'mystery' like the maze in the first movie, and I had some problems with some action scenes during the night, in some moments, I couldn't understand what was happening in the screen :ph34r:

Fair enough. Are you wanting me to send you some free tickets? ;)

There were two beautiful shots I thought the movie had. One was 

when Winston shot himself, you see the silhouette of the kids as they are marching across the sand dune, and the music build to the gunshot, which is followed by silence, and the kids stop abruptly in their steps

as well as 

when they are running during the lightning storm, and the camera pans down on them from above, and you see their group running through the sand, and on the screen, you get the sense of how small they really are

• Like 2

Fair enough. Are you wanting me to send you some free tickets? ;)

There were two beautiful shots I thought the movie had. One was

when Winston shot himself, you see the silhouette of the kids as they are marching across the sand dune, and the music build to the gunshot, which is followed by silence, and the kids stop abruptly in their steps

as well as

when they are running during the lightning storm, and the camera pans down on them from above, and you see their group running through the sand, and on the screen, you get the sense of how small they really are

Of course that I want :P

Hell yeah! That Winston scene was incredible! Pure tension and with a beautiful and tragic ending, actually, almost every scene in desert was really beautiful to see, it looked like a $120m+ budget in those scenes.... My problem was the night scenes :s

Oh, and I have to say that the zombies were incredible! A lot scarier than some zombies from horror movies, I was actually shocked that they made those scary zombies in a movie for teens....

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 1

Of course that I want :P

Hell yeah! That Winston scene was incredible! Pure tension and with a beautiful and tragic ending, actually, almost every scene in desert was really beautiful to see, it looked like a $120m+ budget in those scenes.... My problem was the night scenes :s

Oh, and I have to say that the zombies were incredible! A lot scarier than some zombies from horror movies, I was actually shocked that they made those scary zombies in a movie for teens....

Lol I have a friend who loves zombie anything and he's seeing it for a fourth time tonight :lol:
  • Like 1

I hate zombies, that's the thing that I most fear in life :unsure:

To be honest, I remember especially last year I liked to write zombie stories, not for writing zombie action, but raw character arcs ans survival strategies. Now I just find them entertaining to watch on screen :/

• Like 1

To be honest, I remember especially last year I liked to write zombie stories, not for writing zombie action, but raw character arcs ans survival strategies. Now I just find them entertaining to watch on screen :/

I hate this shit because of the first Resident Evil, this film left me traumatized when I was a child :lol:

But wait, do you write?

I hate this shit because of the first Resident Evil, this film left me traumatized when I was a child :lol:

But wait, do you write?

Well I definitely don't publish anything, but I love to just write (and I do like to think of myself as not bad at it). I usually get to go to writers festivals, but my strengths are usually fictional stories and analysis. I have a movie blog but other than that nobody really reads my writing :P
  • Like 1

Well I definitely don't publish anything, but I love to just write (and I do like to think of myself as not bad at it). I usually get to go to writers festivals, but my strengths are usually fictional stories and analysis. I have a movie blog but other than that nobody really reads my writing :P

I really don't get why you would write something to nobody read :lol:

I really don't get why you would write something to nobody read :lol:

It's a good passtime for me; I like coming up with stories and characters and being able to tell stories with those characters. I guess my goal someday is to publish something, but we'll see how that goes :P

Movie blog, eh? Nice! I have one myself. What's yours called?