Travod

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo OS

This one seems to have good word of mouth/ratings. (Haven't seen it yet will do this week or the next one)With the "fanbase" made with the first one a sequel could have a bigger opening.We will see though what Sony will decide but it wouldn't suprise me if they follow through with the sequel.

Because it will do enough money to show profit, but it will be almost nothing. And because the books are not as good as the original. And because Fincher won't be back.

Is it locked that Fincher wont be back?

Because it will do enough money to show profit, but it will be almost nothing. And because the books are not as good as the original. And because Fincher won't be back.

I agree.Dragon Tattoo is a success. Nothing extraordinary or huge but a solid hit. It can be bigger if it has any Oscar noms.But the rest of the books aren't that liked as the first and Fincher won't be back. Those are some big reasons to be concerned.On the other hand Dragon Tattoo has some good WOM and it was well liked, if the sequel is decent enough it can replicate its numbers or even increase from the good will. We 've seen that happen before.But without Fincher it's definately a risk.

I read on Deadline, Sony said they expected the movie to do about 200 overseas.I hoped the movie could make about 130-150 overseasBut, correct if I'm wrong, now it looks the movie will make only about 100-110 overseasThere's no big markets left, right?I think it has been released almost everywhere.Is this enough for sequels?

I read on Deadline, Sony said they expected the movie to do about 200 overseas.I hoped the movie could make about 130-150 overseasBut, correct if I'm wrong, now it looks the movie will make only about 100-110 overseasThere's no big markets left, right?I think it has been released almost everywhere.Is this enough for sequels?

Italy:3 FebruaryJapan:10 Februaryand Malaysia,India,Indonesia and Philippines

How much is everyone expecting this to make in total OS.With only Italy and Japan to go as big markets, I expect around another 30-40M in the next coming weeks so a total of around 130M OS total

Edited by Crys