Olive

Weekend Numbers...pg 29 (Lucy 44M, Herc 29...big drops for most holdovers)

Happens all the time when more competition arrives on third weekend then on the second. TF3, Thor, Thor 2, Star Trek, Toy Story 3, ROTS, MU, Hancock, TASM all dropped harder on their third weekends.

Most of those went up against much bigger movies though so it is kind of weird
  • Like 1

Yup I'm with you guys. Black Widow movie has to happen. Otherwise Marvel are pussies. Fuck, give it a "small" budget, but at least try.

Agree. They are doing an Agent Carter tv series. They can do a mid budget BW movie.

• Like 1

I didn't care for her at all in IM2, tolerated her in IM3 and simply adore her in Cap 2.  Not only was she kickass they actually injected a bit of soul into her character. There are many ways they can do a black widow movie.

BW was in IM3???
  • Like 1

Anyway, Great number for Lucy. And a great number for Hercules. 

So I guess movie star power is back albeit on a smaller scale. But back nevertheless. The Rock has been solid box office wise. That Journey movie made good money and had good legs. So in the right vehicle he can put butts in the seat. This is huge for Scarlett though. No opinion on either movie. Have never even seen a trailer for either.

• Like 1

@giteshpandya

Today, #Maleficent will pass #XMen DOFP to become 2nd biggest domestic hit of summer trailing just #Transformers.

7/26/14, 7:59 AM

Gotta hail the Queen.

Wait! That was fast. I thought DOFP had a few more days to hold on. Oh well.

Go Angie. I'm not mad at you.

• Like 4

Here's the hierarchy for August.

Raccoon > Turtles > ScarJo > Old Action Heroes > The Rock > Marv

I don't know. I think the Rock movie might have some decent legs. It seems harmless enough.

• Like 1

Marvel is in the big leagues. 

Studios like Universal and Sony wish they were as successful as Marvel Studios.

You don't let minor league players bat for major league teams when you're trying to win the championship.

lol. how many A-list heroes are there? They're already making Ant Man next year.

I'm not saying that I want a Black Widow movie, I just don't see the point when Lucy already exists.

And, I don't want to see the same damn movie over and over again. Marvel needs to diversify sooner rather than later.

Perhaps they are doing so already, which would be smart, because they cannot last doing the same thing forever.