Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Been at work since 8:30 this morning, no bloody way I'm going through all this. Can someone sum up what happened today?

Man its epic Guardians threatening to take down Prime and could have a shot at 300+M domestic Mattrek.

Insane.. The Power of RR, Grott , Pratt and Company.. Still Im banking folks here are underestimating Turtlepower.

Weekend 2's mighty battle should be epic.. Come on Turtles

Tele you think these 30-40+ predicts for TMNT next friday are going to be terminated or you think those new trailers

didnt win over fans. Once I saw their moves as a team and Splinter moments.. Im really interested in seeing this now

I think 50m OW would be very good for TMNT.... sorry Kal. :)

• Like 2

Re Baumer: I have been very critical of Marvel lately- from the abysmal Iron Man 3 to the solid but overhyped CA2 to the forgettable Thor 2. Hell, even Avengers had some flaws that seriously detracted from it. If anything, I would like it LESS because it was MCU. But I fucking LOVED Guardians. Loved loved loved. Probably my favorite blockbuster of the summer, and that's saying something.

You and I seem to have pretty similar movie tastes. I may need to check this out.
  • Like 1

Hey now you didnt expect the reviews or Guardians to be so good now did you :P

The people involved in Guardians are infinitely more talented then those involved in TMNT.  TMNT has horrible looking character designs, a garbage director who hasn't ever made a remotely interesting movie, and a produce who while he does well at the box office, pretty much only makes bad movies.  It would be beyond stunning if the reviews for TMNT are any good.

• Like 1

low end of 90M+ openers

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 102M

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 100M

X-Men: Days of Future Past - 100M

Godzilla - 95M

Transformers: Age of Extinction - 93M

high end of 90M+ openers

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 112M

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 111M

X-Men: Days of Future Past - 110M

Godzilla - 104M

Transformers: Age of Extinction - 103M

Hey now you didnt expect the reviews or Guardians to be so good now did you :P

I expected them to be good, but maybe slightly less good than they ended up being. Turtles I expect to get bad reviews mostly all around. Edited by Empire

The people involved in Guardians are infinitely more talented then those involved in TMNT.  TMNT has horrible looking character designs, a garbage director who hasn't ever made a remotely interesting movie, and a produce who while he does well at the box office, pretty much only makes bad movies.  It would be beyond stunning if the reviews for TMNT are any good.

The design of the turtles definitely needs work,(Its sort of growing on me).. I dont think Bay and Speilberg

would pick a terrible director for a 150+M dollar tentpole Sosays.

I see Ninja Turtles doing $51M OW for a $135M DOM Total and $390M WW, that's pretty great considering it has a $125M Budget.

Oh okay I thought it was 150M..  I hope we get into the 60+M range though :P.

But yep 390-450+M  WW would be excellent and gurantee a sequel. :)

The design of the turtles definitely needs work,(Its sort of growing on me).. I dont think Bay and Speilberg

would pick a terrible director for a 150+M dollar tentpole Sosays.

Hint: Take a look at the movies Bay has produced but not directed and there is nothing but garbage on the list  (and Bay directs plenty of terrible movies himself).

They want that moolah but give them props, they pushed back the mighty teamup so they could make it the film

event it should be. Originally they wanted it out in  2014 or2015. So TW is smart. I mean they gave us LOTR and HP saga.

Disney hasnt pulled that off yet at least not at the BOX office. Now theyre on fire with Marvel though :)  Wow

I agree with that. I was actually when they pushed back DOJ release date. At least hopefully they won't try to make it feel rushed.

• Like 1