Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

Well, SaBu was not only cool enough to attend Razzies buut also distirbute copies of All About Steve strongly suggesting that those who voted didn't even see the movie. Class act and very smart woman with great sense of humor. No wonder she's the biggest female star.

Her self-deprecating Oscar campaign was a must.

Haven't seen Gatsby yet. MOS this year so far is the only WB film that I enjoyed. PR was a disappointment, and a bunch of films like Hangover 3 and Jack the Giant Slayer just looked terrible, so I never watched them.

They still have The Conjuring, Prisoners, and Spike Jonze's new film 'Her' and I heard that 42 was pretty good.

GRAVITY Could Be This Years' LIFE OF PI

It looks like Alfonso Cuaron's "Gravity" (October 4) could be this year's "Life of Pi," a thrilling roller-coaster ride in space and a mystical meditation on the cosmos and rebirth.

As Cuaron described at Comic-Con, it's "an IMAX documentary that goes wrong." He also said that "the whole film was a miscalculation," in that it took 4 1/2 years to bring to the screen.

Although it was impossible to shoot "Gravity" natively in 3-D because of the cramped cube, the conversion began 3 1/2 years ago and was designed to be a uniquely immersive experience, utilizing a series of continuous takes (the opening shot that wowed the crowd is 17 minutes long) and depth of field to convey both inner and outer space. Cuaron said James Cameron was so impressed that he's now a conversion convert.

It wont be this year's LoP. You can bet on that.

It is a hardcore sci-fi (or doc ?), which GA dont dig. LoP has a fantasy story and fantasy visuals, and is definitely more eye candy than almost all cold sci-fi films according to GA.

Edited by firedeep

I'm guessing this has a run similar to Looper, but with better legs, and it does enough overseas to become a profit. Even with Clooney and Bullock, the concept is a very hard sell. It's going to need great reviews and WOM.

• Like 2

It is a hardcore sci-fi (or doc ?), which GA dont dig. LoP has a fantasy story and fantasy visuals, and is definitely more eye candy than almost all cold sci-fi films according to GA.

None of us has any idea how "wam" or "cold" a movie it is, nor what sort of eye candy it has. We're not going to get any idea until it opens at Venice. The fact that the Comic-Con footage was well received by non-geek reporters is a good sign.