Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

14 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

This is just absolute garbage. It builds up in a way that seems to say "watch, I'm gonna show you a big secret. Present you an important message." it's all done with the a huge smug look. I honestly can visualise the look on Daldry's face. And after it's finished acting all almighty, condescending, and patronising, nothing happens. So fucking pointless. And it's a really draggy movie so it feels 424456774476 hours long. So in conclusion it's called Extremely Long and Incredibly condescending for a reason.1.5/10

• Like 1

I really enjoyed this film. Lots of cynicism on this board but that might have more to do with the influence of critics on shaping some members opinions. Also, I've noticed people taking everything in this film rather literally; choosing to ignore metaphors and deeper meanings.

B

I almost lost it when the kid (who I have to mention never shuts up and is in general annoying as fuck) goes around slamming a bunch of lockers while throwing a hissy fit over a bunch of keys, and the people who are supposed to look after the lockers are all like "sure you can trash our property all you want, we'll just come back and clean up later...". There's tons of unrealistic moments like that throughout the entire film. What a bunch of contrived manipulative bullshit.

Edited by C00k13
  • Like 1