Con Air (1995)

6 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Sorry that was my bad, i knew The Rock was 1996 and Face Off was 1997 so i thought Con Air was before them. The movie itself leaves something to be desired, Nic Cages southern accent is terrible, although hes good with everything else, John Cusack really isnt given much to do, but John Malkovich excels in his role. The movie had some good action scenes but ultimately i couldnt get over the cheesiness and Cages southern accent was a huge distraction. C

The only things I remember from this movie is that it's VERY LOUD, extremely dumb, Cage's hair is more unfortunate than usual and Steve Bucemi steals what there is of the movie by being creepy as fuck and involved with rabbits in some way.

Speaking of steve buscemi I felt he was totally wasted, sure he pulled off the weird part pretty good, but hes suppose to be a serial killer in the vein of Hannibal Lecter and he never even comes close to that.

but hes suppose to be a serial killer in the vein of Hannibal Lecter and he never even comes close to that.

Garland Greene was a scrawny little guy. A plane full of hardened criminals is not likely the victims he'd seek out. Based on lines in the movie, he seemed to prey on children and those weaker than him. Like when he mentioned that he drove through three states wearing a girls head as a hat. Also, he probably intended to kill that little girl in the trailer park, but he had a change of heart which seemed to reform him.

It's been awhile since I've seen this(since VHS) but from what I remember it was a fun action movie and was during Nicolas Cage's heyday and I will never forget Steve Buscemi's creepy performance as the pedophile prisoner which makes me wonder what happens to the girl after that scene? Overall decent characters, cool action scenes,and like I said lots of fun. B+