Impact

Weekend Prediction thread 5/17-5/19 Play the Derby

I think Straight Outta Compton is being over predicted by a few. I don't see it opening to that much over 20M, and with good WoM, it could hit

80-90M total.

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1

1. The Adventures of My Brain: 55.5

2. Dyno-Mite: The Legend Continues: 55.0

3. The Bear Strikes Back: 50.2

4. Dog Max: 16.0

5. Undercover Lady: 7.0

6. Earthquake Remake: 5.6

7. Dopey: 2.7

8. Sad Max: 1.9

9. Superhero Film: 1.8

10. This One Horror Film: 1.7

11. Future Land: 1.5

Mad Max: Fury Road and Poltergeist are gone. Drive-in is Jurassic World and Spy.

Tomorrowland, Home, Aloha, and Balls Out are gone. Drive-in is Inside Out and Jurassic World.

Inside Out - 37/12 (2D/3D) total 49 (up 3)

Jurassic World - 19/2/116/2/5 (2D/2D with D-BOX/3D/3D with D-BOX/IMAX 3D) total 44 (down 13)

Ted 2 - 31
Dope - 16 (no change)
Max - 16
Spy - 15 (down 2)
San Andreas - 14 (no change)
Insidious: Chapter 3 - 10 (down 7)
Pitch Perfect 2 - 7 (down 5)
Love and Mercy - 4 (down 5)
Avengers: Age of Ultron - 3 (down 1)
Entourage - 2 (down 2)

This one one better be close fuckers. Magic Mike XXL:37 million 3-day(51 million 5-day), Terminator:Genisys: 34 million 3-day(46 million 5-day)

Terminator and Magic Mike both open on Tuesday at 7. They aren't going to make 34-37 million weekend and only 12-14 million from Tuesday night through Thursday. Remember it's summer and 4 of July week. Not everyone is working. So you gotta add at least 20-25 million. The 12-14 million they will get with preshows and Wednesday alone.

Terminator and Magic Mike both open on Tuesday at 7. They aren't going to make 34-37 million weekend and only 12-14 million from Tuesday night through Thursday. Remember it's summer and 4 of July week. Not everyone is working. So you gotta add at least 20-25 million. The 12-14 million they will get with preshows and Wednesday alone.

i know but I'm being low because of the underwhelming performance of Ted 2 and Terminator to me looks like it's next

i know but I'm being low because of the underwhelming performance of Ted 2 and Terminator to me looks like it's next

Could be, but Terminator is doing much stronger online then Ted 2 was. So I kind of saw that coming for Ted. Which is why Terminator should open better than Ted. My point was though if the weekday numbers are only 12-14 million over plus two days. There not going to jump to 34-37 million over the weekend. So if you see Terminator doing only 46 million for 5 day. Numbers that work better would be 18 million on Tuesday night through Thursday. While 28 million over the weekend. With Magic Mike doing 21 million Tuesday night through Thursday and 31 million over the weekend. So I'm not telling your numbers are wrong, that's your prediction and that's fine. I was just saying how it was structured felt off.

Edited by gb0708

Predictions for next weekend.

1.Terminator Genisys-42 million(70 million 5 day)

2.Magic Mike XXL-37 million(62 million 5 day)

3.Inside Out-28 million

4.Jurassic World-26 million

5.Ted 2-18 million

a 50% drop with zero family friendly competition over a holiday frame? Same for JW? 

Jurassic World has held well for a while... and Terminator isn't looking like a mega-hit. JW should be able to do $35-40 million this weekend after a $55-57 million 3rd weekend. 

IO should do $35-40 million since it's defying classic Pixar June opener holds. 

Magic Mike should be much lower. $35-40 million for the 5 day... $62 million?? Similar to Ted 2, it's a sequel not too many people asked for. 

I am not expecting TG to be an outright flop, but I don't think the world was clamouring for another terminator movie. the trailers give too much away, arnie's fanbase is largely gone and Emilia Clarke and jai Courtney??

no interest in seeing this on the big screen

• Like 1

1. Terminator: Genisys - $34.7m

2. Inside Out - $32.8m

3. Jurassic World - $28.1m

4. Magic Mike XXL - $23.6m

5. Ted 2 - $15.9m

6. Max - $8.4m

7. Spy - $5m

8. San Andreas - $2.6m

9. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl - $1.1m

10. Insidious Chapter 3 - $0.9m