Impact

Best song-2014

I understand the difference between using old songs and making original songs, but you said you wished that "movies and songs were a huge part of a film", just as they were in GotG. You said, "a good song can really set off the mood", which is exactly what the songs did in GotG. I simply thought that was slightly ironic, when a film that you clearly like very much did just that, and happened to be the biggest film of the year.

Well the songs in GotG didn't effect me like that. They didn't put me in any particular mood other than nostalgia somewhat.  Which is fine for what it was. I've heard those songs way too many times in way too many places to even relate them to the movie in that way.  That's why I said that. And if I wasn't clear before I'm making it clear now, I'm talking about songs written specifically for the movie like the songs in Begin Again. May be ironic to you but that's how I feel.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

Most likely final:

"Big Eyes" from Big Eyes

"Everything is Awesome" from The Lego Movie

"I'm not going to Miss You" from Glenn Campbell: I'll Be Me
"Glory" from Selma

"Miracles" from Unbroken

Alt: "We're Doing a Sequel" from Muppets Most Wanted

It be kind of ironic if Everything is Awesome wins as the song was presented as a rather generic song (that is VERY catchy)

My personal ranking:

1. “Lost Stars,” Begin Again
2. “Glory,” Selma
3. “Everything is Awesome,” The LEGO Movie
4. “I’m Not Gonna Miss You,” Glen Campbell: I’ll Be Me
5. “Grateful,” Beyond the Lights

The top 4 are all good for totally different reasons and I honestly wouldn’t mind any of those winning.

Predicted winner: “Glory,” Selma

Beyond the Lights must of not been that great of a song as I don't even remember the performance. Then again it must of not been that bad either as I would of remembered that too.

I was kind of wanting Glen Campbell to win as I thought that was the best of the bunch, while this years winner was actually my least favorite of the 2010 winners for song....BUT this has been a VERY strong decade so far for best song winners unlike the 2000s (Bob Dylan, 3 Six Mafia, Inconvenient Truth, those 3 songs....yuck)

I love Lost Stars but the live performance of Glory was so beautiful and made me appreciate the song even more so I'm happy it won

Agree. Plus I didn't like the way Adam sang it. Don't know why he only got to perform part of the song when GAGA sang almost every song from the Sound of Music.

But yeah, they did a great job on Glory. John Legend put his heart into it and they had that Gospel choir. Outstanding.

• Like 1

glory is probably my favourite winner of the last few years and I don't even love it. Randy Newman's toy story 3 song was some bullshit he could do in his sleep, man or muppet was the worst song on that movie's soundtrack and the only reason let it go isn't worst on the frozen soundtrack is that dumb troll song.