Impact

Best song-2014

The Hanging Tree from The Hunger Games

Have no idea if it could get a nom. It was in one of the powerful scenes from the movie.

The song was from the book so it is not eligible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award_for_Best_Original_Song

"Not every song used in a film is eligible for this category. According to Academy rules, a song should be "original and specifically written for a motion picture. There must be a clearly audible, intelligible, substantive rendition (not necessarily visually presented) of both lyrics and melody, used in the body of the motion picture or as the first music cue in the end credits." [7]"

Lost Stars is probably one of the most saddest, hopeful, beautiful songs I've ever heard. Lyrics and melody are just beautiful.  It got something stirring in my soul when I heard it in the movie. My dream is that it gets nominated and both Keira and Adam perform it duet style.  Please don't let the songwriter (as brilliant as he is) sing it, lol.

And I think the Hunger Games song is done very well. Very haunting and fits the mood of the movie perfectly. Jennifer did a great job.

• Like 3

Lost Stars is probably one of the most saddest, hopeful, beautiful songs I've ever heard. Lyrics and melody are just beautiful.  It got something stirring in my soul when I heard it in the movie. My dream is that it gets nominated and both Keira and Adam perform it duet style.  Please don't let the songwriter (as brilliant as he is) sing it, lol.

And I think the Hunger Games song is done very well. Very haunting and fits the mood of the movie perfectly. Jennifer did a great job.

It was so beautiful,

the way it becomes a desperate yet necessary and uplifting war chant for the rebels when they destroy the damn by suicide

, goosebumps all around.

• Like 1

This year has had some really good songs, my personal favourites are The Last Goodbye and HTTYD2's song. Though I doubt either will in. Maybe Everything is Awesome shall win. Or the one in the trailer for Selma if that's an original song. Can't be bothered to listen to the Begin Again song lol.

I kind of miss the days when music and songs where a huge part of film.  They do a lot to enhance  the emotions already felt.  A good song can really set off the mood.

says the poster with the Guardians of the Galaxy avatar. ;)

• Like 1

This year has had some really good songs, my personal favourites are The Last Goodbye and HTTYD2's song. Though I doubt either will in. Maybe Everything is Awesome shall win. Or the one in the trailer for Selma if that's an original song. Can't be bothered to listen to the Begin Again song lol.

says the poster with the Guardians of the Galaxy avatar. ;)

What is that suppose to mean?

• Like 1

Since music and songs were a big part of GotG.

None of those songs were written for the movie. They were already huge hit songs that had great placement in the film. But I didn't feel they were anything special since I've heard everyone those songs and have or had them in my music collection over the course of my life. Plus some of those songs were already used numerous times in other films. I'm talking about in my post above music and songs written specifically for films. I'm surprised people don't know the difference.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

What is that suppose to mean?

I understand the difference between using old songs and making original songs, but you said you wished that "movies and songs were a huge part of a film", just as they were in GotG. You said, "a good song can really set off the mood", which is exactly what the songs did in GotG. I simply thought that was slightly ironic, when a film that you clearly like very much did just that, and happened to be the biggest film of the year.