-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Something So Right - Miss Piggy and Celine Dion (Muppets Most Wanted)

We're Doing a Sequel - Muppets (Muppets Most Wanted)

Can't think of any other Best Song contenders. But there'll be some bland ones from top 40 pop stars filling out the rest of the nominees. As long as LEGO Movie wins, I'm good. 

• Like 1

None of the Hobbit movies have been nominated in the Best Song category, so I wouldn't expect that to change this year.

My guess:

LEGO Movie

Muppets Most Wanted

Begin Again

potentially Annie or Into the Woods if one of them adds a new song. 

Some pop song by a respected musical artist/group that only plays during the end credits and has no relevancy to the plot. 

LEGO Movie is the frontrunner right now since HTTYD2 has a little bit against it (lackluster BO run, potentially only the 3rd highest grossing animated film of the year, a sequel, original didn't get a Best Song nod) and "Everything is Awesome" is pretty great. I'd love to see it win Best Animated Feature, Best Song and potentially score a Best Adapted Screenplay nod (very, very, very unlikely - but Lord and Miller need to be recognized for their brilliant writing at some point lol) 

• Like 1

I think it is more likely to be the other way around. I would be fine either way.

I completely disagree, just on the basis I don't see the Oscar going to a song titled Everything is Awesome with Lonely Island getting an Oscar

The Academy has an out here to make up for the Powell snub in 2010!

I completely disagree, just on the basis I don't see the Oscar going to a song titled Everything is Awesome with Lonely Island getting an Oscar

The Academy has an out here to make up for the Powell snub in 2010!

I would personally love to see The Lonely Island winning the Oscar and it was a great song. I just really don't see the song from HTTYD2 winning even though it is worthy of winning.

• Like 1

Neither of those songs are gonna win.

If "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" and "Lose Yourself" managed to win Best Song, I don't see how "Everything is Awesome" couldn't - none of the other songs have broken out or become huge pop hits. And over the last few years, the category has been dominated by kids/family movies. 

2010 - Toy Story 3

2011 - The Muppets

2012 - Skyfall

2013 - Frozen 

I don't see any of the other nominees being as catchy or connected to the plot as "Everything is Awesome". Most of the others probably will be meh songs played only during the end credits. 

• Like 1

I would personally love to see The Lonely Island winning the Oscar and it was a great song. I just really don't see the song from HTTYD2 winning even though it is worthy of winning.

I'm not saying I wouldn't love seeing The Lonely Island win. I just don't see it happening alas.

I think Lost Stars from Begin Again might win. Not a huge fan myself, but people seem to like it and in the context of the narrative it's basically that film's version of falling slowly. 

Ugh. I hope Begin Again is completely shut out. Seems like it's being forgotten already anyway

with the recent news of Billy Boyd doing a Bo5A song I dared to dream of the impossible  :wub: him standing onstage & saying goodbye to the whole saga is an image I find  too good to be true

Edited by Tauriel