Dracula Untold (2014)

24 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Universal, you had my curiosity with this Monsters Shared Universe thing, now you have my attention. 

I wish the script was better, because everything else was great. Luke Evans is fantastic, he doesn't have the right to be so good in a movie with such a shit script, but I am glad they will use him as the Dracula in the shared Universe Monsters thing. It is pretty obvious what were the reshoots. When Charles Dance talks about the Games, it is a tease to the future of the franchise. The whole scene in today's world at the end is new. Charles Dance has way too much swag. I love him and I love they will use him as well.

The action scenes were terrific. There is an epic scene that I didn't see in the trailers (it is all over the TV Spots, tho) where he unleashes the vampires and a big part of the army flies (it happens before the super punch that is in the trailers). The action scenes are well filmed and the visuals are great. 

14/20

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Universal, you had my curiosity with this Monsters Shared Universe thing, now you have my attention. 

I wish the script was better, because everything else was great. Luke Evans is fantastic, he doesn't have the right to be so good in a movie with such a shit script, but I am glad they will use him as the Dracula in the shared Universe Monsters thing. It is pretty obvious what were the reshoots. When Charles Dance talks about the Games, it is a tease to the future of the franchise. The whole scene in today's world at the end is new. Charles Dance has way too much swag. I love him and I love they will use him as well.

The action scenes were terrific. There is an epic scene that I didn't see in the trailers (it is all over the TV Spots, tho) where he unleashes the vampires and a big part of the army flies (it happens before the super punch that is in the trailers). The action scenes are well filmed and the visuals are great. 

14/20

I saw this last night and i have to agree with most of what you said. The script really could have used some work because there were several times when it really took me out of the movie. Luke Evans was awesome in this as was the vampire guy. Vlad's wife was pretty hot although her acting was only alright(maybe due to the script). The action scenes were all well done, and everything to do with the costumes and cinematography was amazing. Overall im curious to see how this will do in muslim countries, the ottoman empire was the high point of there power and the movie makes them to look like douchebags. Overall its a decent movie and intrigued to see what more they will do with the universe. I'll give it a C+

My sister really enjoyed it although she is a big fan of these types of movies, like Van Helsing

It was better than I thought it'd be, but I am going to put that all on the fact that Luke Evans was so charismatic in his role that it brought the movie up with him.  Without Evans the movie would have been unbearably boring, but he managed to salvage it and make it fairly entertaining.  

Visually the movie is very strong and has some impressive sequences, but the action can feel rather monotonous at points given there is only one fight where there is any risk of harm to Evans.  Not that you don't already know how the whole thing will play out, the script is ridiculously predictable (and I found it rather glaring of a plot hole on why he didn't just go and lay waste to the entire Ottoman army day one and then went and hid for the rest of the three days.)

It was decent and enough and entertaining as long as you don't have any real expectations.  I feel a C+ is fair.

• Like 2

A decent movie that could have been great if there was a better story. I would have liked to see a more darker side to Dracula and a bigger conflict of his cravings for blood. Also he was massively overpowered. Too ridiculous in my book. Action scenes were good but very dreary looking. Seemed repetitive too. Wouldn't it have been good for Mehmed to give his soldiers silver to wear as armor? Job half done there. Blindfolds were just stupid and added nothing. 

What about the other vampires that apparently died when he parted the clouds. Could they possibly be alive too and just in need of blood to heal like him. If he could part the clouds couldnt they just you know...pushed them back in front of the sun. Alot of silly things that dont make sense.

His wife was very pretty and Luke Evans played the role really well. It was an OK movie but i am actually intrigued in how this movie sets up the monster universe so 'let the games begin.'

C+

Edited by Omario