Thegun

Official Franchise Ranker (Lethal Weapon, The Matrix!)

This was my biggest thread on KJ, but it's been years since an Update.  Here we will give a week week for you guys to give answers (Maybe longer, not sure how good the traffic is yet on this board). Then we will move on to two new franchises.  We will keep a rank of the franchises here on the first page.

Quick Rules:

1. You must have at least seen half of the films of the franchise to vote on it so the numbers don't get too skewed.

2.  Please put your ranks for each individual film in number form 0-10 (decimals are fine)

I hope you guys like this and we can make this a long running thread (Lasted a long time on the other board)

Here is out list so far:

1. Back to the Future- 7.83 (11)

2. Die Hard- 7.37 (10)

Edited by Thegun

So here we go. To easy franchises to start on Die hard and Back to the Future.

Back to the Future- 8.5

Back to the Future Part II- 9

Back to the Future Part III- 7.5

Avg- 8.3

Die Hard- 9.5

Die Harder- 5

Die Hard with a Vengeance- 9 

Live Free or Die Hard- 8.5

A good Day to Die Hard- 5.5

Avg- 7.5

You can vote on BTTF.  Just as long as you've seen films in that franchise.  BTTF can have as many votes as possible.  The only issue is sometimes people have only seen 1-2 films of a 5+ franchise it could skew the rest.  Die Hard has nothing to do with BTTF, it's just more fun doing two at once.

Edited by Thegun

I've seen BTTF movies, but about 20 years ago, so I can't remember which one is which. Pretty sure they go back to the old west in the third. Hoverboard in another. Marty McFly, Delorean, yaddy yadda. Don't remember enough to rank them.

Die Hard - 10/10 , perfect streamlined action movie with a great villian and the family matters dad was a good supporting character.

Die Harder- 7/10 , this one was less centralized and had more happening, not quite as good, but a fun watch

Die Hard with a Vengeance - This was awesome, the 5L Jug of water scene! 10/10

Live Free or Die Hard - Surprisingly good, Olyphant played a good bad guy, 8/10

A good Day to Die Hard - This is probably one of the worst movies of all time with plotholes galore, 1/10 for a decent truck crash near the beginning.

Avg - 7.2/10

Edited by mdot1982

Thank you!

I personally think die hard 2 is one of the worst sequels ever made.  I honestly can't stand watching it. Die Hard 5 is not even a Die Hard film (Apparently every action film at Fox they as Willis if he likes the idea and they will turn it into a Die hard film, this is the very definition of that)

No BTTF?

Edited by Thegun

Thank you!

PS, anyone else love BTTF2 more than the rest. IMO that film is so brilliant (And mostly as a result of Glover refusing to be in the sequel, they created one of the most innovative films of all time for science fiction)

• Like 1

Of course, Like the Indy and OT, this was the franchise standard. Still think of it that way. Even though 3 semi drops the ball it's still a completely awesome trilogy, and to this day the only one successfully lament the cliffhanger ending.

Back to the Future: 9

Back to the Future 2: 9

Back to the Future 3: 7.5

Average: 8.5

Die Hard: 10

Die Hard 2: 8

Die Hard 3: 9

Die Hard 4: 8

Average: 8.75

I have not seen Die Hard 5, but if it so bad as people say, I guess Back to the Future would win.