Blankments

Unlimited Ticket Passes - Good Idea?

I'm in the UK and it's $29 for to see Interstellar in IMAX, dunno how much more a 3D IMAX show would be. Didn't realise it was so cheap in America!

Your IMAX 3D is way cheaper than our bog standard 2D cinemas ($13).

Lol, not America. Romania. In America the prices are probably pretty close to yours.

This is silly, most movie goers only watch a movie once and no-one is going to but a pass for a movie they are yet to see, could turn out crap.

Cineworld in the UK have a better offer, pay £17 a month (usual ticket price is £10) and go see whatever you want as many times as you want.

Edited by jessie
  • Like 2

LOL. WTF?! One ticket for a 2D IMAX show (like Interstellar; 70mm) is between 6-7$ (depending when you want to watch it: weekend, evening, afternoon; for students and old people is less than 5$). An IMAX 3D show is 8-9$. An ordinary 3D show is around 6-7$ and an ordinary 2D one around is 5$. 

I have no idea where you live. It's $18 for me to see a movie in IMAX in California. Mind you, it is real IMAX and not the fake shit.

There is that movie pass thing here in US, but you can only see a movie once through them. I have been thinking of getting a pass from them for a while now, but it is $35/month where I live, and it does not cover IMAX films, and I see on average, I would say 5 or so films in IMAX. Of the top of my head, this year I saw shitzilla, GotG, Interstellar 2X, and I will see the third Hobbit film in IMAX. I think I also saw Winter Solider in IMAX. Hmm, that is 5 times just this year alone and this was a shitty year for films. So, yah, I wish they would offer an IMAX option for me.

There is that movie pass thing here in US, but you can only see a movie once through them. I have been thinking of getting a pass from them for a while now, but it is $35/month where I live, and it does not cover IMAX films, and I see on average, I would say 5 or so films in IMAX. Of the top of my head, this year I saw shitzilla, GotG, Interstellar 2X, and I will see the third Hobbit film in IMAX. I think I also saw Winter Solider in IMAX. Hmm, that is 5 times just this year alone and this was a shitty year for films. So, yah, I wish they would offer an IMAX option for me.

Where do you live that can get a pass?

I think that it's a great idea for movies like IS, though there aren't many thought out "blockbusters" these days to warrant the unlimited passes for everything. It certainly wouldn't work for stuff like TMNT, but I'd be really glad if this thing existed in my country as I feel like I'd enjoy it more on a 2nd watch. But I wasn't that blown away the first time so I don't think I'd pay to see it again. Maybe I will. I don't know, it's late. :lol: