Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

Hope it gets stuck in development hell just like this ridiculous Blade Runner 2 project.

Because you crave for the destruction of cinema

Try crusading against the actual bad science fiction we get every year.

Chernobyle Diaries, Darkest Hour, MIB3, Battleship, Transformers, Cowboys and Aliens, Terminator 4, Resident Evil (who knows what #)... those are a mess storywise

you have your priorities skewed

I could go for 5 Prometheus level qualitiy scifis each year no question. It's not like we get anything close.

The only other Golden Age space exploration series in existance is Star Trek.

JJ's is good, but not even 1/96th as interesting as Prometheus. Nor the rewatchable value of.

Edited by space biscuit
  • Like 1

Because you crave for the destruction of cinema

Try crusading against the actual bad science fiction we get every year.

Chernobyle Diaries, Darkest Hour, MIB3, Battleship, Transformers, Cowboys and Aliens, Terminator 4, Resident Evil (who knows what #)... those are a mess storywise

you have your priorities skewed

I could go for 5 Prometheus level qualitiy scifis each year no question. It's not like we get anything close.

The only other Golden Age space exploration series in existance is Star Trek.

JJ's is good, but not even 1/96th as interesting as Prometheus. Nor the rewatchable value of.

No thanks, I prefer 5 Loopers or 5 Moon over 5 Prometheus, please. Those are real and compelling Sci-fi works of art that feel original and deep as paying tribute to the golden age of Scifi literature, much more relevant and challenging than Prometheus. That's the standard you got to compare, not Transformers. Apples and oranges.

I'll let you play in kindergarten with your empty shell toys and watch actual thought challenging Scifi movies for adults.

Edited by dashrendar44

Jesus, this is 100% spot on.. The trailer, the metalic BWANGGGGG!!! Sound the trailer made every time it cut to each frame and the final shot showing the huge head and the eggs.. It was great, then all of a sudden, we go see this and it was an absolute fucking mess, right down to Naomi Rapace having a C-Section in 1 scene, then in the next, she's leaping over shit with the world exploding beneath her as though she never had a C-Section and didn't phase her.. :bash: 

What people don't understand is, its not like we wanted to hate this movie. We aren't haters. It was my most anticipated movie of last year, and it took a giant crap on me. For that I cannot forgive it.

• Like 3

It would be like Alien 4. Because that's the one he directed. Also Prometheus was far better than Avengers.

No thanks, I prefer 5 Loopers or 5 Moon over 5 Prometheus, please. Those are real and compelling Sci-fi works of art that feel original and deep as paying tribute to the golden age of Scifi literature

LOL

Moon was great, but only gets a pass because it's indie.

There was only one twist in moon that was given away in the trailer. It was a predictable story with an incredible preformance by Sam Rockwell. But with not even 1% of the tremendous depth of symbolism that encapsulated every frme of Prometheus.

Looper I have yet to see, but many have called it the most flawed time travel film since Time Cop.

It would be like Alien 4. Because that's the one he directed wrote.

Looper I have yet to see, but many have called it the most flawed time travel film since Time Cop.

Time Cop is a classic yo. So whatcha talking about, fool?! Like when JC tells the purse snatcher, "between the lines"...

Edited by The Stingray

It would be like Alien 4. Because that's the one he directed. Also Prometheus was far better than Avengers.

LOL

Moon was great, but only gets a pass because it's indie.

There was only one twist in moon that was given away in the trailer. It was a predictable story with an incredible preformance by Sam Rockwell. But with not even 1% of the tremendous depth of symbolism that encapsulated every frme of Prometheus.

So it's not good unless it has a twist in it?  It was given away in the trailer because the movie wasn't about the twist. 

So you are an expert on time travel too?  Let's get real, nobody really knows how time travel would work.  It's all just theories and postulations.  Everyone like to think their geniuses by calling out the time travel in Looper as being less than perfect, when the truth is, it's about as perfect as it gets.  The time travel mechanics work perfectly in Looper because he showed us the laws of time travel in that specific setting. 

• Like 1

Actually it was ALL about that twist. That was the entire theme of the film.

And I said before I haven't seen Looper. I'm betting it is amazing too.

My point was simply that people have been nitpicking that film to death as well.

Any complex film will get picked appart over the most minutia for accuracy.

But if you're fantasy - immune. If you're batman - immune. if you have superpowers - immune

no plot contrivance, coincidence, or deus ex machina is too strong

Then if you mention their hypocrisy they'll say things like: Well Batman isn't made to be taken seriously.

what? If you've seen the Nolan series: Yes it is meant to be taken seriously.

Edited by space biscuit

Actually it was ALL about that twist. That was the entire theme of the film.

And I said before I haven't seen Looper. I'm betting it is amazing too.

My point was simply that people have been nitpicking that film to death as well.

Any complex film will get picked appart over the most minutia for accuracy.

But if you're fantasy - immune. If you're batman - immune. if you have superpowers - immune

Then if you mention their hypocracy they'll say things like: Well Batman isn't made to be taken seriously.

what? If you've seen the Nolan series... Yes it is meant to be taken seriously.

You didn't get the point. It was not the twist.

Not the opinion of the majority. Just a whiny vocal minority. It's certified fresh with overall positive reviews. Are you mad?

So critics = audience love? Box office legs show otherwise ;)And yes I am mad seeing as I wanted this movie to be good.

So critics = audience love? Box office legs show otherwise ;)And yes I am mad seeing as I wanted this movie to be good.

The Audience overall loved it as well. Prometheus made way more money then most rescent films who have generated sequels, and with only half the budget. ;) AND with an R rating. It also was the highest movie iTunes download, surpassing Avatar which held the record. And it was the highest Blu Ray film - over DVD ratio purchase of all time. AND it stayed #1 on IMDb all sumer long, only missing two weeks when TDKR was released.

It's funny how haters must either be liars or grossly ignorant in an attempt to advance their own agenda. ;)

Edited by space biscuit
  • Like 1