Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

Lindeloff fan that loves half-assed riddled cheese of a script. Yeah I know, hard to grasp that such aberration of nature could exist.

calm down. 

I'm a tolerant person, I accept negative criticism of a movie that I like, but saying that Prometheus is aberration of nature is beyond ridiculous, frankly.

Edited by Goffe of Oz
  • Like 1

I've perhaps never been more perplexed at the scorn a movie has received than I was with Prometheus. That video at the top of this page seems extremely nitpicky and bitchy; there are maybe three legitimate points made in the entire video.The film is sometimes too ambitious for its own good, and there are certainly narrative inconsistencies, but the product is just too massive in its scope and precise in its execution not to admire at the very least. It's not Alien, but it was never going to be. I have no idea what people expected.

Couldn't have put it better myself.I try to convince myself that it's because people went in with too high expectations, but then I remember that I had pretty high expectations myself and I loved it.

Then again unlike some people around here I actually have the capacity to like a flawed movie.

I also hate the way that most movies get a free pass for narrative inconsistencies, yet with Prometheus the smallest quibble is blown out of all proportion.

• Like 1

I also hate the way that most movies get a free pass for narrative inconsistencies, yet with Prometheus the smallest quibble is blown out of all proportion.

People can overlook narrative inconsistencies if the characters and themes resonate with them. That's where IMO Prometheus dropped the ball. It's just way too choppy to truly deliver on what it promises.

• Like 1

Well if it wasn't ALIEN, then they shouldn't have shoehorned that ending in trying to tie it together and merely left the movie as a standalone..

Wasn't shoehorned. Deacon's ressurection is forshadowed throughout the themes of the film. He is even seen in an alter in the urn room.

Edited by space biscuit

Prometheus is a very beautiful empty shell of B-movie schlock.

Nah, that's the Alien sequels.

Prometheus is scarily loaded with so much.

People can overlook narrative inconsistencies if the characters and themes resonate with them. That's where IMO Prometheus dropped the ball. It's just way too choppy to truly deliver on what it promises.

Nah, It's just that many audience members are lazy and wanted a simple story.

Prometheus was the only Alien story with actual characters. We generally know nothing about those in the others besides their want to stay alive. :)

I see Prometheus as an interesting failure when most blockbusters now are boring successes. I'd watch a sequel if Scott returned.

Didn't fail. It made over 400 million in theatres and had the highest Blu-Ray ratio sales record of any film.

You know Hollywood are desperate when they decide to make a sequel to a shitty movie nobody liked which disappointed at the box office.

Prometheus is certified fresh and has a higher score then the Hobbit. Does this anger you? :D

You can tell people are trolls when they outwrite lie. haha

Edited by space biscuit
  • Like 1