DAR

Justified-Season 5 starts

Coming back to FX on January 17. It made the leap in season 1 from a very good show to a great show in season 2. Timothy Olyphant plays Raylan Givens a US Marshall who returns to his hometown in Kentucky and the people he has to deal with. Give it a watch when it returns.

Edited by DAR

Season 1 was good, but a lot of the standalone episodes, especially near the beginning of the series, didn't work too well for me. It really picked up near the end though, and Season 2 kept up that momentum and got even better. Raylan Givens is probably my favourite character on TV right now, and Boyd Crowder is probably up there too.

My aunt raves about this, so I watched all of Season One last year but I never got really invested in it. Thought it was kind of boring and don't think I liked the setting too much either.I just chalked it up to my aunt being a Southerner, and called it a day.

Did you like the latter half when Boyd returned? If yes, then give season two a shot. If no, then this just isn't a show for you.

Boyd is the woman's ex-husband's brother, who went to jail right? Yeh, he was interesting.

yes

Season 1 is good. But season 2 is where it made the leap to a great show and it's continued ever since.

Definitely. Season 1 was basically just a well done procedural until Boyd comes back at the end and the last few episodes became more serialized. Season 2 took this style and ran with it, and the Bennetts were an amazing addition. And Boyd got some amazing stuff to work with as he became a real co-lead.