DAR

Justified-Season 5 starts

Fans of this show; does the series pick up at all? I've watched the first few episodes and it's all been "bad guy of the week" type stuff, with not much of an overlying story. I'm not a fan of this format at all, so I read some reviews and it was getting great reviews going all the way back to its pilot. So I'm concerned that the show just isn't for me. If it gets more serialized later on then I'll stick out the little weekly stories to get to the good stuff.

From the second season on it gets a bit more serialized. You still have your bad guy of the week, but many times it connects with the overall story. And many consider the second season the best so it's worth the time

Edited by DAR

From the second season on it gets a bit more serialized. You still have your bad guy of the week, but many times it connects with the overall story. And many consider the second season the best so it's worth the time

Alright. I'll stick with it through the second season (it's rather enjoyable anyway) and if by that point it still isn't for me I'll move on to something else.
  • Like 1

First episode was fine but felt kind of off for some reason. An absurd body count was one thing, and the Crowes weren't looking like big bad material at all. Second was much better. We get some fallout from the ton of stuff that was crammed into the first episode, a good Loretta appearance, and Dewey's face at the end sold me more on the Crowes as villains than anything in that first episode.