Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers (Jan 2-4)

Not really, if you take this quote from Ray Subers of BOM into account:

"A quick note regarding weekend projections: while Friday, January 2nd is technically a work day, it is sandwiched between a holiday (New Year's Day) and a weekend. As a result, nearly everyone takes off from work that day, which translates in to bigger-than-usual attendance at movie theaters. What this also means is that Friday will account for a bigger share of the weekend box office (looking at past examples, it should be at least 37 percent)."

Thank you Sir.

Sorry but the number kept going down the whole weekend

First weekend of the year for Middle Earth franchise:

FOTR: $23.0m (-40.5%)

TTT: $25.0m (-48.8%)

ROTK: $28.2m (-44.3%)

AUJ: $17.5m (-45%)

DOS: $15.7m (-46%)

BOFA: $21.9m (-46.5%)

The BOFA number and drop is perfectly normal. To hope more was delusional.

DOS did 30 million more from this point. With a nearly 22 million weekend, and similar legs, BOFA can make about other 44 million more, to reach 264, quite similar to what we have been saying last days.

• Like 1

First weekend of the year for Middle Earth franchise:

FOTR: $23.0m (-40.5%)

TTT: $25.0m (-48.8%)

ROTK: $28.2m (-44.3%)

AUJ: $17.5m (-45%)

DOS: $15.7m (-46%)

BOFA: $21.9m (-46.5%)

The BOFA number and drop is perfectly normal. To hope more was delusional.

DOS did 30 million more from this point. With a nearly 22 million weekend, and similar legs, BOFA can make about other 44 million more, to reach 264, quite similar to what we have been saying last days.

well the weekend number kept going down. First it was 23m, then 22m, now 21m. 

Also, to only slightly surpass DOS when this movie had all the "Final Middle Earth movie" promotion is just not impressive at all in my book

• Like 1

Also, to only slightly surpass DOS when this movie had all the "Final Middle Earth movie" promotion is just not impressive at all in my book

It is 21.9, nearly 22. To drop from 23 to 22 is nearly nothing. When first numbers came on December 17th, I thought it would not even outgross DOS, so I am fine with this result. Maybe without that promotion, we would be talking about 220-240s range

Edited by peludo

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

sorry but I feel that considering this is the final movie of all of Middle Earth and they kept hammering that fact in, this performance just is not that good. Not to mention being the only big FX movie of the month

Edited by John Marston