baumer

Baumer's/Tele's/Chas' 25 films that have brainwashed people into mindless adulation (Tele pg 26)

Chas, you have dissed my number one and either number two or three film of all time.  I'm afraid this is what would happen if we were to meet:

(you have to start at 1:56)

Jaws and ET on your top three of all time. So what film is the 3rd one?

So we can have that one in one of this type of top brainwashing lists as well. :P

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

Jaws and ET on your top three of all time. So what is the 3rd one?

So we can have that one in one of this type of top brainwashing lists as well? :P

JAWS

ET

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Halloween 

American Beauty

• Like 1

15. All Rocky movies after the first one

2million_rocky.jpg3_rocky-iii-poster.jpgrocky-4-movie-poster-1020192149.jpg5_Rocky-V-Poster.jpgrocky_balboa_2006_1454_poster.jpg

Cheering for the underdog is fun and exciting. Makes you feel good, especially when it's a pure Americana, working-class story about seizing your dream. Unfortunately, making a shit-ton of sequels starts to tarnish that story, especially when the plots get increasingly convoluted and/or ludicrous just to try and sell you that same damn underdog story again and again and again. This series wandered into brain-death by the 4th one (one of the most absurd tentpoles ever to see the light of day). Then it seemed like the 5th one finally put the series out of its misery once and for all. Alas, it wasn't to be.

• Like 10

This is what happened to me on the bus tonight when I read his post about Jaws and ET:

And this is what will happen to you one day Chas, it's inevitable:

• Like 5

15. All Rocky movies after the first one2million_rocky.jpg3_rocky-iii-poster.jpgrocky-4-movie-poster-1020192149.jpg5_Rocky-V-Poster.jpgrocky_balboa_2006_1454_poster.jpg

Cheering for the underdog is fun and exciting. Makes you feel good, especially when it's a pure Americana, working-class story about seizing your dream. Unfortunately, making a shit-ton of sequels starts to tarnish that story, especially when the plots get increasingly convoluted and/or ludicrous just to try and sell you that same damn underdog story again and again and again. This series wandered into brain-death by the 4th one (one of the most absurd tentpoles ever to see the light of day). Then it seemed like the 5th one finally put the series out of its misery once and for all. Alas, it wasn't to be.

Be ready old man.

Baumer be like

tumblr_lvfmf2LGB51qj7u8ao1_500.gif

• Like 7

NUMBER 7 - JAWS

210th IMDB, 150th WW, 74th Dom, 7th Adjusted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7PYqhABiSo

Ok last one for today as I need to go into hiding before I get lynched. This film was not as bad to me as E.T and some of the others on this list but it is incredibly meh. It's possibly that due to it's age, maybe I was too old and too accustomed to the more effective effects of the 90's to be scared, awed or in any way impressed by this film.

The fact is that what I felt I had watched when I saw this film was a shark film with almost no shark in it (lots of fins and flailing people, but not enough shark) and when the shark does actually arrive, it looks like a cheap animatronic from one of the rides at the theme you accidentally get on mistaking it for the roller coaster you see behind it and get subjected to the happy little pixie picnic instead for 12 minutes.

The music is amazing of course and it's by no means bad, just a bit empty and hamstrung by the technology of the time. It is posslble that it Jaws and Jurassic Park had been made in the opposite's year then I'd be praising the amazing groundbreaking shark film of 1994 and sitting here now finishing off a bad written set of reasons why that 1970's T-Rex film was nowhere near as good as people say it was.

I'm gonna go hide now.   

Turn in your box office card now...

• Like 7