Avatree

Return of the King is the Best Film of the Century. Fact.

I better see MOS on the list :P

if it were June 2013.. it probably would be in my top 25  :ph34r:.. but I saw the light and it did not make my top 100. 

yeah! cap made it!

38.38%

-Birdman-Poster-birdman-2014-37681528-60

Director: Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu

Written by: Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, Armando Bo, Alexander Dinelaris, Jr., Nicolas Giacobone

Last year's Best Picture winner swoops in at #49. It's also the first - and not the last - film on the list to be shot by Emmanuel Lubezki.

RT Consensus: "A thrilling leap forward for director Alenjandro Gonzalez Inarritu, Birdman is an ambitious technical showcase powered by a layered story and outstanding performances from Michael Keaton and Edward Norton."

tumblr_nijoimg7EK1r4jlglo1_500.gif

• Like 5

38.68%

dawn_of_the_planet_of_the_apes___poster_

Director: Matt Reeves

Written by: Mark Bomback, Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver

The most recent - and one of the best received - installments of the Planet of the Apes franchise puts its stinkin' paws on our list at #48.

RT Consensus: "With intelligence and emotional resonance to match its stunning special effects, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes expands on its predecessor with an exciting and ambitious burst of sci-fi achievement."

6eb33bd4e8d37bee5112e8dd4e669186.gif

• Like 6

I feel like 90% of this list is 2014 movies? are you guys guy pearce in memento? did you forget about other movie years? I would say the vaaaaaast majority of great 21st century movies didn't come from 2014.

For some reason all the 2014 films seem to have been shoved into the same section of the list. From #68 to #48 there are 9 2014 films (#100 to #69 there are 0).

There are still 6 2014 films to go, but it could be worse.

DotPotA deserves to be here though.

Edited by treeroy

39.32%

fa6fd3d7aebd117f08d602817433b880.png

Director: Steve McQueen

Written by: John Ridley

The first Best Picture film to be either directed or produced by a black person, and the 47th best film since 2000, is 12 Years a Slave.

RT Consensus: "It's far from comfortable viewing, but 12 Years a Slave's unflinchingly brutal look at American slavery is also brilliant -- and quite possibly essential -- cinema.

1389324074452.gif

• Like 4

39.54%

Minimalist_Movie_Posters_120131111180818

Director: Quentin Tarantino

Written by: Quentin Tarantino

Part 2 of Tarantino's double bill of gore came in at #92, but Kill Bill Volume 1 slashes its way into our top 50.

RT Consensus: "Kill Bill is nothing more than a highly stylized revenge flick. But what style!"

tumblr_mwqdjuaDzp1szzka4o1_500.gif

• Like 6

39.69%

6189ce85d19bcb3b7a7c7118daa72586.jpg

Director: James Gunn

Written by: James Gunn, Nicole Perlman

Rocking to its '70s soundtrack, Guardians of the Galaxy dances its way into our list at #45.

RT Consensus: "Just as irreverent as fans of the frequently zany Marvel comic would expect -- as well as funny, thrilling, full of heart, and packed with visual splendor."

dy2rayzhxlzhckim4fhs.gif

• Like 5

Neither should've made the list. :ph34r:

I agree. However, if they were going to, Vol. 2 should have been higher.

Edit: Ugh. GotG shouldn't have made the list. Fun movie, but nothing special.

Edited by Empire Out
  • Like 1