Avatree

Return of the King is the Best Film of the Century. Fact.

44.87%

no280-my-shrek-minimal-movie-poster-chun

Director: Andrew Adamson & Vicky Jenson

Written by: Ted Elliott, Terry Rossio, Joe Stillman, Roger S.H. Schulman

It's original, it's musical, and it's very, very green. Shrek hurls its way into 32nd place.

RT Consensus: "While simultaneously embracing and subverting fairy tales, the irreverent Shrek also manages to tweak Disney's nose, provide a moral message to children, and offer viewers a funny, fast-paced ride."

• Like 1

One for the fanbois:

26.62%

TDKRPoster19.jpg

Director: Lord Nolan

Written by: Christopher & Jonathan Nolan

This Batman sequel might not be quite as well liked as its predecessor, but that's not enough to keep The Dark Knight Rises off our list.

RT Consensus: "An ambitious, thoughtful and potent action film that concludes Christopher Nolan's franchise in spectacular fashion."

lol number 88! 

Ugh. Donnie Darko, Gone Girl, District 9, and Shrek are all really overrated and shouldn't have made the list.

Donnie Darko and GG are brilliant. I agree about D9 and Shrek though. And anyway, there are a lot of titles here that do not belong. The fact that Interstellar did not make the list despite winning last year's top is ridiculous in itself.

45.06%

mulholland_dr__by_yathish-d5ctxiu.jpg

Director: David Lynch

Written by: David Lynch

For a while, it looked like this would place much higher, but still David Lynch makes his surreal mark on the top 100 with Mulholland Drive at 31.

RT Consensus: "David Lynch's dreamlike and mysterious Mulholland Drive is a twisty neo-noir with an unconventional structure that features a mesmirizing performance from Naomi Watts as a woman on the dark fringes of Hollywood."

tumblr_liq5keubOu1qi3n3go1_500.gif

• Like 5

45.06%

mulholland_dr__by_yathish-d5ctxiu.jpg

Director: David Lynch

Written by: David Lynch

For a while, it looked like this would place much higher, but still David Lynch makes his surreal mark on the top 100 with Mulholland Drive at 31.

RT Consensus: "David Lynch's dreamlike and mysterious Mulholland Drive is a twisty neo-noir with an unconventional structure that features a mesmirizing performance from Naomi Watts as a woman on the dark fringes of Hollywood."

tumblr_liq5keubOu1qi3n3go1_500.gif

I've never even heard of this :lol:

• Like 1

45.36%

Minority_Report_Minimal_Poster_by_Lionel

Director: Steven Spielberg

Written by: Jon Cohen, Scott Frank

Our final Spielberg picture - and the last entry for The Biggest Movie Star In The World - is the iconic Minority Report, which locks on to #30.

RT Consensus: "Thought-provoking and visceral, Steven Spielberg successfully combines high concept ideas and high octane action in this fast and febrile sci-fi thriller."

ijZbjKwr0itkQ.gif

• Like 6

One of the reasons I'm sorry I didn't send in a list is because this won't appear in the top:

pathology.jpg

So freakin good and such a great story.

If you had put it at #1, it wouldn't have even gotten into the top 400.

Donnie Darko and GG are brilliant. I agree about D9 and Shrek though. And anyway, there are a lot of titles here that do not belong. The fact that Interstellar did not make the list despite winning last year's top is ridiculous in itself.

Nah, it just shows the people that voted for it didn't send in a list for this.

• Like 1