Jay Beezy

2011 Razzie Predicts

Only doing Worst Picture to start. My picks for nods:Transformers: Dark of the Moon - While it is considered an improvement over the second installment, Razzies love to knock on Michael Bay.The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Pt. 1 - Razzies love to knock on Twilight as well, in addition the movie is considered to be a genuine bore.Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star - It has the infamous 0% rating at Rotten Tomatoes.New Year's Eve - With Valentine's Day last year knocking on the Razzie door, this film's worse reception with critics and audiences alike have this asking to be nominated.Jack and Jill - While Sandler-starring broad comedies never score with critics, this movie, practically Razzie bait the moment it was first announced, has the absolute worst reception from them, and it is the first since Little Nicky to fail to reach his traditional century mark, making it my choice as the frontrunner to 'win' Worst Picture.

Edited by Jay Beezy

Moving on to my picks for Worst Director:Michael Bay - Razzies love to knock on him for creating movies that only consist of explosions and chases.Dennis Dugan - Having only directed Happy Madison productions for the past five years, he is someone who doesn't really know how to give direction, instead left to take it from his star player Adam Sandler, who himself has been yearning to aim as low as he possibly can, which he has essentially done with Jack and Jill.Bill Condon - Usually an Oscar favorite, he's asking to be pissed on by taking on Twilight and failing to make it more than the insufferable bore the series has turned out to be.Garry Marshall - Once again, he's been given a multitude of stars and still can't figure out what to do with them.Todd Phillips - One can make the joke that he didn't really direct a new film so much as take the first film and digitally change the background.

Edited by Jay Beezy

Now for Worst Actor:Adam Sandler - The only real bit of acting he demonstrates these days is laughing uncontrollably at his own lame jokes.Robert Pattinson - We only have to put up with one more movie in this series where he puts in the same bland performance.Shia LaBeouf - We've presumably seen the last of his over-the-top acting in Michael Bay's explosion fest series.Ryan Reynolds - He's proven to not have any box office charm after his smash hit The Proposal two years ago, having been miscast as the green powered superhero.James Franco - This one's a toss up, but following his Oscar hosting disaster with the comedy bomb Your Highness, he might be asking to be nominated.

Edited by Jay Beezy

Where the execution fails is they focus too much on the popular movies. Real crap like The Darkest Hour or The Roommate or even Big Mommas 3 is going to be ignored just so they can knock on Twilight again. Real bold, guys.

Edited by tribefan695

The new Twilight probably deserves a nomination, but the last one didn't. Likewise, Transformers 3 doesn't necessarily deserve a nomination as it was more or less an improvement over the Razzie winning second film and there are plenty other worse films.But Jack and Jill deserves what it's got coming its way, and I think Razzies love it more when they think an awful looking film seems set to be a box office hit but then bombs or underperforms, as was the case with Jack and Jill.

Edited by Jay Beezy

Here's the last one I'll do, which is Worst Actress:Adam Sandler - Easily his most annoying character ever brought to light, he put less effort into making her look and/or sound like an actual woman than Big Momma or Rasputia from Norbit.Kristen Stewart - We're all tired of her boring personality and lip biting.Sarah Palin - Someone as phony as her does not deserve a documentary that portrays her favorably (Undefeated, for those who didn't know).Megan Fox - With a crappy release for Passion Play, she's wishing she took back what she said about Michael Bay.Natalie Portman - She follows her Oscar win with lame and thankless roles.

Edited by Jay Beezy

Where the execution fails is they focus too much on the popular movies. Real crap like The Darkest Hour or The Roommate or even Big Mommas 3 is going to be ignored just so they can knock on Twilight again. Real bold, guys.

Well, I'm not so concerned with the Razzies being bold. I don't mind them going after obvious targets, I mean, it's part of the fun.I don't like when the Razzies goes after people for worst of awards, for things that have nothing to do with the movie itself. Oh, we don't like this actor...so...worst actor! That happens a little too much. i like seeing bad performances, and bad movies picked on...I don't care about picking on people because their tabloid exploits are annoying. Save that for the most annoying celebrity award. Edited by kowhite

Well, I'm not so concerned with the Razzies being bold. I don't mind them going after obvious targets, I mean, it's part of the fun.I don't like when the Razzies goes after people for worst of awards, for things that have nothing to do with the movie itself. Oh, we don't like this actor...so...worst actor! That happens a little too much. i like seeing bad performances, and bad movies picked on...I don't care about picking on people because their tabloid exploits are annoying. Save that for the most annoying celebrity award.

And also they go after particular actors/actresses that actually manage to give decent performances in bad movies, nominating them only because they chose to be in the bad movie.

And also they go after particular actors/actresses that actually manage to give decent performances in bad movies, nominating them only because they chose to be in the bad movie.

That too.Though I have to admit, one amusing nomination was back in 1997. That song from Con-Air was nominated as worst song of the year. That same song was nominated as worst song as the Razzie.There was really nothing wrong with the song either, despite it being rather out of place in said movie. But that whole movie was just ridiculous anyway (in a good way). Edited by kowhite