baumer

Thursday numbers (you're not going to believe this!)

TDI is the perfect case of great marketing/trailers and OW push...which is a good thing cause it's legs could be terrible. A couple of my theater friends who are working today say it's getting really bad wom from people after it's over and they've also watched the movie and it really does suck.

I will definitly see it. Trailers and marketing campaign are great. And I am curious about the ending. I will probably hate it, but I have to see this.

Same here. I want to know what happens in the end and what makes it so bad.

It's up to 9% now. lol.I'm just glad horror is off to a good *commercial* start in 2012.Not the critical start we were hoping for. The Unborn got 12% and One Missed Call got 0% (that film was awful).So theres still hope for me enjoying Devil Inside, because I thought Unborn was mildly entertaining.

Unborn was so funny. One Missed Call was scary though for me.

The Unborn was a disaster. I laughed a lot, but c'mon... that movie was frikking horrible. I have never seen One Missed Call.The Devil Inside... looks awesome. Even seeing the terrible reviews I just can't wait to see it.

Same here. I want to know what happens in the end and what makes it so bad.

After seeing the endings of The Last Exorcism and Skyline this really needs to be very special to beat them.

30M weekend for TDI? :blink:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2012/01/the-devil-inside-blowing-past-box-office-estimates.html

"The Devil Inside" is scaring up way more business than most people in Hollywood expected.

Estimates based on box-office returns as of late Friday afternoon indicate the horror film will collect well over $20 million this weekend and could end up close to $30 million. That's double earlier predictions, based on pre-release surveys that indicated it would do between $12 million and $15 million.

The film is now set to collect almost that much money on Friday alone, including $2 million from after-midnight screenings Thursday.

Where "The Devil Inside" ends up will depend on word of mouth from opening day audiences. Reviews have been overwhelmingly negative, garnering the film a Rotten Tomatoes score of just 8%.

It's now certain, however, to be the No. 1 movie at the box office this weekend, ahead of "Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol," which will likely earn about $15 million.

For distributor Paramount Pictures, it's poised to be a huge winner. The studio spent only $1 million to acquire the picture, before marketing expenses.