CaptainJackSparrow

Transformers One | September 20, 2024 | Prequel | Paramount | Animated

We'll find out soon enough I guess. This releasing the trailer in space thing seems like a silly stunt that's an unnecessarily expensive use of the marketing budget imo, but honestly a TF movie with more unapologetic Saturday morning action cartoon vibes seems like a nice change of pace from the average jokey slapstick of multiplex kids filler, so I'm interested in seeing how this turns out. Helps that it has a Pixar alum helming as well.

36 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Would be shocked if this wasn’t done in the Spider-Verse style. That’s what 60% of animated movies look like these days.

Apparently from the CinemaCon experts, it looked like the video games and CGI cartoons with the robots having facial details.

2 hours ago, Eric Atreides said:

Would be shocked if this wasn’t done in the Spider-Verse style. That’s what 60% of animated movies look like these days.

1 hour ago, YM! said:

Apparently from the CinemaCon experts, it looked like the video games and CGI cartoons with the robots having facial details.

Yeah it’s not Spiderverse style, but it’s definitely got its own thing. Interested to see how people react.

34 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

lol I have to wait a whole-ass hour for the trailer to launch while this stupid drone goes up in space? Was this marketing stunt really worth it?

I remember the Black Eyed Peas did something similar maybe 15 years ago. Nobody actually cares that a movie trailer played on some guys phone in space. It's a ploy to get coverage for the debut of the trailer on some traditional news sources in order to alert people that the trailer has been released.

Edit: they're playing it off an iPad. You can actually see the fingerprints on the screen.

Edited by AJG

Well it definitely has Saturday morning cartoon energy. Problem for me is it's 2010s, not 1990s.

Safe to say Wild Robot is my only September animation stan.

Edited by AniNate