grim22

Monday #s: Jurassic World 25.34M | DOWN GOES TDK MONDAY

Theaters are crazy busy here Canada on Cheap Tuesday, so we Canada is doing its part, so I think we can but the weekend stuff away lol 

don't understand what you say you re saying that it s doing crazy bizz and will be good for the week end?

Except that it's not.  If anything this just shows that people will lap up anything given to them as long as it looks and sounds like something they liked one time.

Personally, I find that attitude so patronizing. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean other people don't genuinely love this movie. Not for what it reminds them of, but for what it is.

• Like 1

Anecdotal but I drove by the two theaters in my town and business looks pretty similar to last night, maybe slightly better. Would be nice to see it reach $23m today (-9%).

Today I actually think there will be an effect of game 6, especially since Golden State can win the championship. If they somehow manage to screw it up (although how they would I have no idea), then Friday will suffer badly since around 35-40M people will be tuned in for Game 7.

don't understand what you say you re saying that it s doing crazy bizz and will be good for the week end?

He's saying it's dong very well in Canada today based on what he can tell. The weekend thing refers to comments he made last weekend.

Personally, I find that attitude so patronizing. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean other people don't genuinely love this movie. Not for what it reminds them of, but for what it is.

I agree, but try to find people talking about it without using the word(s) nostolgia, childhood, memories, etc...

• Like 1

He's saying it's dong very well in Canada today based on what he can tell. The weekend thing refers to comments he made last weekend.

To clarify what I meant on the weekend.

I was not saying it was a ghost town in Canada, I was saying there was nothing like sellouts all day or lineups out the theater here in Canada. Undoubtedly it was a huge weekend here likely biggest in a few years, just was not and feel like a record breaker unlike what many users had experienced at their local theaters. 

Now it feels like a big summer uber blockbuster here. 

• Like 1

Today I actually think there will be an effect of game 6, especially since Golden State can win the championship. If they somehow manage to screw it up (although how they would I have no idea), then Friday will suffer badly since around 35-40M people will be tuned in for Game 7.

ba if it suffers there will be more spillover over the week and the week end :P

I think even if the 50 years old + want to see the film so where will it land lol

Remenber 1999 when TPM came out nostalgia of a a mega franchise.... Same here the PERFECT summer blockbuster like JP was...

To clarify what I meant on the weekend.

I was not saying it was a ghost town in Canada, I was saying there was nothing like sellouts all day or lineups out the theater here in Canada. Undoubtedly it was a huge weekend here likely biggest in a few years, just was not and feel like a record breaker unlike what many users had experienced at their local theaters. 

Now it feels like a big summer uber blockbuster here. 

Like TA  or TDK level?

I agree, but try to find people talking about it without using the word(s) nostolgia, childhood, memories, etc...

Nothing wrong with nostalgia as long as it's the good kind. This movie delivers it in spades and has one of the best endings of any blockbuster movie I've seen in a long time.

• Like 1

How about anyone who is young now and seeing it? lol

Define young.  There are kids at my theater that were super fucking excited for this movie and they are 16-19 or so.  That's born after it came out in theaters, but still watched it growing up as children.

Twitter doesn't count remember. ;)

It does when someone says no one is doing something. Then, even anecdotal evidence is plenty.

Like saying no one loves this movie for reasons other than nostalgia when there are tons of tweets detailing other reasons.