CoolioD1

Best Supporting Actor 2011

I think Viggo can sneak in since I`ve noticed a certain trend. despite all the talk that The Jaw`s histrionics will be the only memorable thing about ADM, Viggo made an awards showing twice, The Jaw zero. So far. Maybe it`s too early but consider this: he placed 3d at Gotham Awards voting, she didn`t crack top 3. He made Satellite Awards`s 10 Supporting Actor nominees, she didn`t make either 10 Best Actress or 10 Best Supporting Actress. So it seems like someone has paid attention and noticed him despite or inspite "look at MEEEEEEE and only MEEEEEEEEEEE" histrionics. And he`s playing Freud which is stronger thing than playing his patient nobody has heard of.But like I said. May be too early. The Jaw`s best bet are GGs (they love glamour stars), BAFTA (she`s a Brit) and AMPAS (they love histrionics).

Edited by fishnets

Because I haven't seen his name on any of the FYC ads and the studio aren't bringing him to any Hollywood parties/awards shows so he can meet the voters like Fox are doing with Fassbender and Paramount are doing with Oswalt and Theron, that's how you do a good campaign if it looks like the actor may not get a nom.

I`m more and more convinced that Viggo is in. He`s campaigning heavily according to AD fucks, he`s playing a famous person and KK`s laughable performance (not kidding, people are actually reportedly laughing during her scenes) could make voters appreciate subtlety more. I mean, I know that AMPAS is firmly in histrionics camp but KK is way OTT even for that taste. Anyway, the fact that he is capaigning is the most important coupled with famous person can`t-miss scenario. So Plummer, Kingsley, Brooks, Mortensen and one other,. Branagh or Von Sidow.