#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Well the AC is not working. My assumption is they are expecting a way bigger crowd for JW, so they didn't want a lot of complaints. My screening of DOPE is like 10% full.

• Like 3

The Croods? If we limit it to summer then the first Despicable Me. I'd love it if IO could manage it but it doesn't look likely.

Pretty sure Matrix is saying the PTA will rise back to $1000.

Ummm... Frozen?

Well the AC is not working. My assumption is they are expecting a way bigger crowd for JW, so they didn't want a lot of complaints. My screening of DOPE is like 10% full.

sort of reminds me of when I seen John Wick. It was the smallest theater ever and there was two people on opening day. WOM got out fast though! How was DOPE? worth the cash?

So where do we set the bar for Jurassic Flop ?

Missing 100m second week end ?

Missing 600m dom ?

Missing 1,5B WW ?

Honestly, they're just going to close all the theaters after this weekend because of JW's abysmal performance. Because of that, it won't even hit $400M DOM or $1 billion WW smh.

Honestly, they're just going to close all the theaters after this weekend because of JW's abysmal performance. Because of that, it won't even hit $400M DOM or $1 billion WW smh.

yup, another John Carter...... close up the theaters, lol

Even giving it some harsh drops I can't see worse than 90 with father's day since it will drop sub 20% Sunday.

Should drop less than 20% but not locked. Dragon 2 opened on FD weekend last year and dropped a bit over 20%. Close enough though. 15ish percent sounds about right for IO. I'm expecting 92-95 for the weekend.

• Like 2

They just gave us free AMC movie passes for the inconvenience. Only about 30 U.S. of here. Smart theater.

Edited by #ED

RTH has continually overpredicted JW since opening day, not sure why people expected today to be anything different.

Let's have a little respect for RTH. Beyond the fact that he is incredibly reliable, he has been an invaluable asset to this site. For those of us who love the box office, his early insight has been a gift of sorts.

• Like 3